Contribute
Register

Apple Previews iMac Pro: The Fastest Mac Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Apple has read my Build and Guide and did react finally :lol::lol::lol:.

milestone.png

Hardware configuration:

Motherboard: Asus X99 A-II
CPU: i7-6950X (10 cores @ 4.2 Ghz), likely to be upgraded with i9 processors with up to 18 cores
RAM: 128GB KIT (8x16GB) G.Skill TridentZ
System Disk: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB (SSD) / Samsung 960 EVO 1TB (NVMe, M.2)
RAID: 3x Western Digital Red Pro 6TB (18TB)
Graphics: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
Wifi + Bluetooth: OSXWIFI PC/Hackintosh - Apple Broadcom Bcm94360cd - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + Bluetooth 4.0 PCIe
Thunderbolt 3: Asus ThunderboltEX 3 Card
Monitor: LG 38UC99-W, 38", WQHD, 21:9, 3840x1600 pixel, 75 Hz

Funny coincidence, isn't it? Lets see about the final pricing for a comparable system and about the upgrade-ability of the future iMacs, which might equal to zero ;)

Cheers,

KGP

@kgp But how do you build the machine you've got in Space Gray Aluminum with an integrated 5K display ? :wave:
You may be right, seems that Apple is now taking the Pro market seriously again. It's good for everyone.

@kgp But how do you build the machine you've got in Space Gray Aluminum with an integrated 5K display ? :wave:
You may be right, seems that Apple is now taking the Pro market seriously again. It's good for everyone.

You are certainly right, I cannot compete with the Space Gray Aluminum case and the integrated 5K display :lol::lol::lol:

Seems that its time for a serious future iMac modding of my current build :lol::lol::lol:

What about the cool new full sized wireless keyboard?.... Not much mention of that other than the picture.

They've discontinued selling the old extended USB keyboard it appears and replaced it with a new extended Magic keyboard, but they must also know that everyone will really want the Space Grey version, which most likely will only be available as a component of the iMac Pro. It is lovely, isn't it?! And for those of us who have been clamouring for an *extended* BT keyboard, hooyah!

Last edited:
Looks like Apple has read my Build and Guide and did react finally :lol::lol::lol:.

View attachment 259710

Hardware configuration:

Motherboard: Asus X99 A-II
CPU: i7-6950X (10 cores @ 4.2 Ghz), likely to be upgraded with i9 processors with up to 18 cores
RAM: 128GB KIT (8x16GB) G.Skill TridentZ
System Disk: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB (SSD) / Samsung 960 EVO 1TB (NVMe, M.2)
RAID: 3x Western Digital Red Pro 6TB (18TB)
Graphics: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
Wifi + Bluetooth: OSXWIFI PC/Hackintosh - Apple Broadcom Bcm94360cd - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + Bluetooth 4.0 PCIe
Thunderbolt 3: Asus ThunderboltEX 3 Card
Monitor: LG 38UC99-W, 38", WQHD, 21:9, 3840x1600 pixel, 75 Hz

Funny coincidence, isn't it? Lets see about the final pricing for a comparable system and about the upgrade-ability of the future iMacs, which might equal to zero ;)

Cheers,

KGP

WOW thanks for the guide anyway

So it's X99 and not X299?

If X99 is natively supported which files do you think we won't need anymore?

Just the free ram file in Clover
And the CPU configuration in config.plist?

w that everyone will really want the Space Grey version, which most likely will only be available as a component of the iMac Pro. It is lovely, isn't it?! And for those of us who have been clamouring for an *extend
Heck yes agree - the full sized wireless keyboard is something that I have wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back