Contribute
Register

Apple Previews iMac Pro: The Fastest Mac Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these real? Check it out, they are a little low for the compute score but they are in 12.5 so the 36 CU fix isn't built in the drivers yet. In Sierra 12.6 beta we now have the 36 CU working and Ellesmere listed. The RX 560 is listed correctly.

Will have access to one early next week - not mine! Maybe 10.12.6 will drop by then?

Is there a specific test you'd like to see performed? (link?)

Last edited:
still $5000++++++ I'm only here for the native drivers.

My coworkers buy million dollar homes and german luxury cars. I live in a modest home and drive Chevys. One has to decide where to spend their money. $8000 is not too high if it can do what I need it to do.

Thanks, I thought I heard something about an early release but have been more focused on the Vega model due later.
They need to update to 12.6 public beta, they will turn that 120,000 into a 140,000.
does this mean rx 480 and rx 580 get native support in next updates as i was unable to update to 10.12.5 ?

does this mean rx 480 and rx 580 get native support in next updates as i was unable to update to 10.12.5 ?

In Sierra 12.6 public beta now the 36 CU fix is in the drivers and they added more controller kexts. No more need to add 0x67DF1002 to info.plsit.

The name still comes up R9 xxx but that is easy to fix.

Last edited:
Will have access to one early next week - not mine! Maybe 10.12.6 will drop by then?

Is there a specific test you'd like to see performed? (link?)

Thanks, here you go for some free basic tests. Load them on a USB and your good to go.

UNIGINE: Professional VR Platform for Business. Uningine test Valley Extreme HD and Heaven Extreme.

Cinebench - MAXON | 3D FOR THE REAL WORLD. Run CPU and GPU tests.

LuxMark | An OpenCL benchmark based on LuxRender. Luxmark Ball

Geekbench 4 - Cross-Platform Benchmark Geekbench, run CPU and Compute ( test 580 and Intel if possible)

In Sierra 12.6 public beta now the 36 CU fix is in the drivers and they added more controller kexts. No more need to add 0x67DF1002 to info.plsit.

The name still comes up R9 xxx but that is easy to fix.
thats wonderful i am glad that rx480 will work best in 10.12.6 name is easy fix indeed keep me posted for the next update please update also your thread regard enabling rx 480 for that , would you recommend i get rx580 also and have one rx 480 . should i get rx 580 or wait for vega ?

Got 'em...

One other thing would be nice, DCPIManager, you can click on the RX 580 icon and extract the Vbios for the card. It would be nice to compare to a standard RX Vbios.

thats wonderful i am glad that rx480 will work best in 10.12.6 name is easy fix indeed keep me posted for the next update please update also your thread regard enabling rx 480 for that , would you recommend i get rx580 also and have one rx 480 . should i get rx 580 or wait for vega ?

Vega is close 1-2 months, RX 580 is 5-8% performance increase (40% power draw increase) and not worth the extra cost to replace and with Skylake you can't run them in dual configuration. Wait for Vega to upgrade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back