1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hero_2x.jpg
redesigned_player_libraryviews_2x.jpg

redesigned_player_albumview_2x.jpg

redesigned_player_miniplayer_2x.jpg

New interface, new store design, new mini-player. What do you think of the changes?

http://www.apple.com/itunes/new-itunes/

I like it a lot, looks cleaner and more simple than iTunes 10. I'm looking forward to see if the new iCloud support works as well...

Don't like it, where are the playlists?

I really hate it when Apple dumbs things down. (keep in mind the entire ecosystem is dumbed down more and more as time goes by)

I really hate it when Apple dumbs things down. (keep in mind the entire ecosystem is dumbed down more and more as time goes by)

Notice the little "Music" drop down list in the top left corner...that probably opens up your music pane that has all the stuff you are looking for.

I like it, looks slick and fits with the design of how I see Apple. I always thought that Itunes 10 was a bit cluttered. This is a more minimalistic look which is cleaner and fits perfectly. So awesome that I even might use Itunes going forward ;)

Maybe it's the one of ONLY SIX LABELS called PLAYLISTS right in the center of the screen.

I really hate it when Users dumb themselves down.

yay, new iTunes, damn, it's not black at all...

This just reminds me of how money hungry Apple is.

This update feels really aimed to make sure buy all your music and video music from us (apple) so that we can mange it all for you because you (the consumer) is to stupid to manage it. to reinforce buy our phones and ipods and we'll migrate it for you to all of you device for you. Oh and don't forget to buy more iCloud space from us... they are really assuming the average consumer is dumber then cattle.

PS. now that you're hooked, we are updating our hardware and jacking up the prices :)

And yes, working in IT.. I will admit your average iPad user in the field is as dumb as cattle..

This just reminds me of how money hungry Apple is.

This update feels really aimed to make sure buy all your music and video music from us (apple) so that we can mange it all for you because you (the consumer) is to stupid to manage it. to reinforce buy our phones and ipods and we'll migrate it for you to all of you device for you. Oh and don't forget to buy more iCloud space from us... they are really assuming the average consumer is dumber then cattle.

PS. now that you're hooked, we are updating our hardware and jacking up the prices :)

And yes, working in IT.. I will admit your average iPad user in the field is as dumb as cattle..

Don't take this the wrong way, but the goal of a company is to make money. There is nothing in iTunes or the ecosystem that forces you to buy any media from Apple at all.

It does make it easier for people who aren't technicallyinclined to purchase music/video/books/yada from Apple -and that's a good thing. Making things work easier/seamlessly across several devices by using 'cloud' services is the way of the future (the not too distant future).

Apple is a hardware company. The iTunes Music Store was created to support the iPod, not the other way around --and was predicted to be a huge failure by all the Apple nay-sayers quite publicly during its inception. The only thing that kinda freaks me out is the App Store coming to the desktop and the trend for more and more software to be offered there and nowhere else.

That being said, I think the new interface design looks clean and nice.... almost.... touchscreen friendly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back