Contribute
Register

Apple October Event 2022?

Will there be an October event?.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the 20 core M1 Ultra maxes out at 215W so no need for a massive 1.4KW PSU in the new MP. View attachment 556671
Apple need to drum home the 'Green' messaging really, that would make a good ad campaign!, very think different. Intel, you need a power station and liquid nitrogen to get the best out of those chips.

Intel, you need a power station and liquid nitrogen to get the best out of those chips.
Complete insanity, the race to the top via the most power draw possible.
Maybe the EU will ban higher end Intel chips for consumers, just like the latest power hungry 8K TVs.

i9-13900K can use up to 334W of power by itself. 119W more than the whole 20 core M1 Ultra Mac Studio.

Screen Shot 19.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like the 20 core M1 Ultra maxes out at 215W so no need for a massive 1.4KW PSU in the new MP. View attachment 556671

I think that 215W figure is pretty tough to hit. On my M1 Max, I don't think I've seen it go much higher than about 50W.

Craig Federighi and Greg Joswiak talk at WSJ Tech Live event is now on YouTube. Great conversation about Lightning and USB-C cables.

I wonder when the Mac Studio will get the M2 Max chip. The prospect of a new M2 Pro with 4 Thunderbolt 4 ports in the Spring also looks interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back