1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Gurman click baiting has started.

'Apple appears to have three product updates on the roster for the remainder of 2022: updated 11-inch and 12.9-inch ‌iPad Pro‌ models with the M2 chip, an updated ‌Mac mini‌ with ‌M2‌ and unannounced "‌M2‌ Pro" chip options, and updated 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro models.'

Rubbish!, liberal use of words such as, 'may', 'likely', 'Appear'. And no Mac Pro!. No click for you.

Via Mac Rumors.

Last edited:
The 'Will they, won't they' debate is kicking off, the issue being will there be an October Event?. Over on Mac World, (Don't they still have a print edition?), they pointed out that Apple hasn't always had an event in October, there wasn't one 2015, 2017 or 2019. Another interesting piece from the article suggested that the Pro Cube might not even be released until 2023, while at the same time reminding people that October is Apples deadline for transitioning from Intel to M. Interesting that MW suggests that the updated M2 mini could actually get a Pro version, maybe they're getting confused with the cube!.

MW suggests that the updated M2 mini could actually get a Pro version, maybe they're getting confused with the cube!.
I don't think a Mac mini Pro is something we'll ever see. That's what the Mac Studio is for. People that need more cores and more ram in a small desktop. The mini has always been more like a laptop in performance. It holds the same position in the Mac desktop lineup as the Macbook Air does in the laptop line. That's why the MBA overheats when you work it too hard. Not intended for Pro use.

The main feature has been the low price of entry into the Apple ecosystem. It's also intended to get people to try a Mac for the first time if they've only owned an iPhone or iPad previously. Spending $1,500 or more for a new iMac is not a small investment if a consumer just wants to try out a Mac desktop.

Last edited:
The evolutionary progress of the Apple desktop.

cube.jpg

I don't think a Mac mini Pro is something we'll ever see.
I think the rumours/speculations are to a "Mac mini with a M2 Pro CPU". And this looks like something we could actually see: An intermediate, in both price and performance, between the regular mini and the Max/Ultra in the Studio. Just a CPU upgrade option for the M2 mini, not an extra model or an oxymoronic "mini Pro"
The M1 Pro goes into laptops (I'm typing this on one…), so why not in a mini ?

so why not in a mini ?
I was referring only to the official title of "Mac mini Pro" As you said, it's oxymoronic. I could see Apple offering an M2 Pro SoC in a new mini.

More Gurman nonsense this morning!. 'Potentially', 'Continues to believe', 'likely', 'unlikely'. Personally I think Apple got hold of Gurmans 'contact' long ago and are dictating the script!. Sus, No click for you!.

Apples Earnings call is the 27 October btw!.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back