Register

Apple October Event 2022?

Will there be an October event?.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of custom G5s I recently saw this posted online:

Check out this Mac Pro case mod, great video and soundtrack and it's running Monterey 12.4.

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 10.28.41 AM.png

Check out this Mac Pro case mod, great video and soundtrack and it's running Monterey 12.4.
Great craftsmanship and a beautiful finished product, but... huge and heavy, no? (I know, I have an "original!")

Great craftsmanship and a beautiful finished product, but... huge and heavy, no? (I know, I have an "original!")
There is a lot involved with owning a G5/Mac Pro, I have two drawers full of parts!. I always felt the PSU should be at the bottom, one of the heaviest parts second only to the CPU cooling towers!.

G5drawer1.jpg

G5drawer2.jpg

There is a lot involved with owning a G5/Mac Pro, I have two drawers full of parts!. I always felt the PSU should be at the bottom, one of the heaviest parts second only to the CPU cooling towers!.
Hm, I have only a few parts in a small box. Spare fan for my ATI X800XT graphics card, and a few other pieces. I do have two 1 TB Western Digital hard drives installed... one for backup. Don't remember what I did with the old 250 GB drive. I was very lucky that the power supply was not affected by the 2009 Delphi cooling system leak. Although I was able to repair the leak, and it held for about 3 years, one of the two CPUs failed (I think in 2012 or 2013; no leaks) and I had the CPU/LCS block replaced by Apple with a later Panasonic unit. It still works perfectly!

Probably the most sensible thing Gurman has spouted so far, hint of November event?. Still not worth a click though!

'The company has historically launched new Macs in November, as was the case in 2019 with the initial 16-inch MacBook Pro and in 2020 with the first Apple Silicon-based MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and Mac mini.'

Via Bloomberg

Apple released new iPad and Apple TV today. No new Macs...

Interesting read over at 9TO5Mac about the M2 Mini, according to 'their' sources Apple has been working on two versions, codenamed J473 and J474. J474 will be powered by a 'Pro' M2 chip, is this the new Mac Pro?. Looking increasingly likely that we will see a 'Pro' event in November, I already suggested Thursday 10th.

Gurman at it again!;

'Gurman added specific information about one particular ‌Mac Pro‌ configuration that is apparently undergoing active testing at Apple: a model with 24 CPU cores (including 16 performance and eight efficiency cores), 76 graphics cores, and 192GB of memory. The machine is said to be running macOS Ventura 13.3.'

There's talk of a M2 Pro mini, which I think is a decoy for the Mac Pro Cube. But we're probably not going to see it until 2023... Whatever. However at the end of Gurman added we're 'Likely' see new M2 MacBook Pro and Mini 'Within the coming months', I take that to mean Thursday 10 November. Last weekend it was 'Within the coming days'!.

Via Mac Rumors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back