Register

Apple Now Selling Space Grey Mac Accessories

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Das Keyboard Mac Model s Professional https://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-professional-for-mac/
Well made.
IMO Das keyboards are very overrated and the build quality and quality control took a dive a couple of years ago when they switched manufacturing from Taiwan (Costar) to China (iOne). They are sadly nowhere near as good as they used to be. There are dozens of other boards out there that cost less and are much better quality.

If you want a good 'made for Mac' mechanical keyboard, stick with Matias.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Motherboard
MSI H81i
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
RX 580
Can they be done with the alt + cmd keys in the original order, i.e., cmd next to the space bar?
Indeed. WASD have an online app where you can choose the positions, colours and graphics of the keys. Or you can download one of their templates and send them an Inkscape/SVG/Illustrator file. The keyboard has DIP switches (forever) for driverless Mac mode (and other settings) or there is a preference in macOS to switch the keys.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Well why not although Gaming was never Apple's concept - actually I'm glad it isn't
I look for good mechanical keyboards for typing, not gaming.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-DS3
CPU
Intel i7 3770-K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
I'll second the vote for wasdkeyboards. I have a keyboard from them with Cherry MX Brown switches and it's great.

If anyone's interested, I recommend buying the keyboard "switch tester" sampler from them (http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/sampler-kit.html) so that you can decide which switch you like best. (For example - blues are clicky and great for typing.)
Third vote for WASD. Super pricey, but worth the niceness if you are willing to part with the cheddar.
I've got two, one was second hand and the other was a custom order. Both have the blue switches, here is one of them:

IMG_3610.jpg

Last edited: