Contribute
Register

Apple Music Won't Stream Songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
tried with whatevergreen 1.5.7 and 1.5.6 but still no joy. Maybe I should also use a previous version of AppleALC kext? Currently I'm using 1.7.1. Which versions of Lilu, AppleALC and Whatevergreen kexts are you using with your iMac 20,2 Hack?
The latest version is currently used.

Still no joy but I found a temporary fix by creating a new multiple-output device using the Audio MIDI Setup app. It's not perfect but better than nothing and I can finally listen to music with APP on the hack again. Bluetooth on Monterey has been terrible from day one, really hope next MacOS will focus on bug fixing rather than introducing zillions of new half baked features :)

Ok I really don't get it... when booting in safe mode, AirPods Pro stream music flawlessly no matter if they are used as system wide output source or only selected within Apple Music.
However, when booting normally APP will skip all tracks except the downloaded ones. The only way it works is by creating a new multiple-output device using the Audio MIDI Setup app:banghead:

Yesterday I contacted support as I've seen a few people online with legit Macs having the same issue. At some point the guy asked for my serial number and I said that I could not provide it at this time but would contact them later.

I guess that if I share my serial they would know I'm not running a real Mac..... Anyone knows what is the risk? I have iOS devices, Apple Music and some other subscriptions linked to my Apple ID.
Thanks!

I have this exact problem for my laptop. I'm using Brcm94352z & UHD630, no eGPU. So far I've found no workaround except elgipsy's. (Thanks!) Hopefully Apple will do something about this soon.

the plot thickens... I've tried a non Apple Bluetooth headset and got the same result music just won't play. What I really don't get is that Bluetooth works as I only have a bluetooth keyboard which works so do things like airdrop etc.

Are you all able to play music on your hacks using bluetooth headphones,earphones or whatever?

If anyone has an idea to resolve this that would be awesome

the plot thickens... I've tried a non Apple Bluetooth headset and got the same result music just won't play. What I really don't get is that Bluetooth works as I only have a bluetooth keyboard which works so do things like airdrop etc.

Are you all able to play music on your hacks using bluetooth headphones,earphones or whatever?

If anyone has an idea to resolve this that would be awesome
Your egpu is drive free, so there should be no problem, because there is no problem on my rx6600xt and HD 7850 graphics card configured hackintosh. Is there something wrong with your EFI configuration?

Maybe, the thing is I don't know what could be wrong; always followed Dortania's guide and build the EFI from scratch with OCAT. If anybody could have a look at my EFI to see if something needs to be tweaked, this would be great!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 47
Maybe, the thing is I don't know what could be wrong; always followed Dortania's guide and build the EFI from scratch with OCAT. If anybody could have a look at my EFI to see if something needs to be tweaked, this would be great!
Please try to delete:"DeviceProperties, PciRoot (0x0) / PCI (0x2,0x0),AAPL, slot name".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back