Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus PRIME Z390-A
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
So simply, when I open Apple Music I can play songs that i've downloaded no problem but when I try to play a song from the server it simply will not play it just kinda flickers or keeps jumping to the next song and going down the list until one plays ... heres a video https://streamable.com/pavm8k

I'm not sure what broke this as I've recently updated to 12.3 but on latest opencore 0.7.9 and hardware acceleration is on and i'm using shikigva=80 with lilu and whatevergreen kexts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this used to work just fine....is it a DRM issue or something else because everything else seems to be working perfectly.

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 7.52.07 PM.png

I think I'm having a similar issue. I upgraded from 11.2.3 to 12.3. In Apple Music when using bluetooth, any songs that are not downloaded/local just skip. Sometimes there will be intermittent audio that skips. If it's downloaded/local, I can listen to it.

Strange: If I use wired headphones or HDMI/DisplayPort, Apple Music works fine.

I have Broadcom DW1560 with BRCMFirmwareData, BRCMPatchRAM3, and BluetoolFixup kexts.

ALC issue? Bluetooth issue?

Last edited:
I swapped out the DW1560 (M.2 BCM94352Z) with a M.2 BCM94360NG. I got it for $39 on Amazon. It's natively supported by Mac OS. So, I removed the four kexts that were required for the DW1560 on Monterey:
  • AirportBrcmFixup
  • BrcmFirmwareData
  • BrcmPatchRAM3
  • BlueToolFixup
OC Snapshot to match kext folder contents. Reset NVRAM twice.

Voila! Apple Music streams fine now over bluetooth!

Bonus: AirDrop now works 100% as well as Unlock with Apple Watch. AirDrop and Unlock with Apple Watch were always very sketchy on the DW1560.

I'm having the same issue since 12.3 when trying to listen to Music using AirPods Pro on the Hack. Like the OP, I can play songs that I've downloaded but I can't stream as then it keeps jumping to the next song.

I also have this issue when trying to play Apple Music through Safari where I will get an error message but interestingly I don't have this issue when playing Apple Music through Chrome.

Also works when streaming through HomePods and with my iPhone and iPad using AirPods Pro.

Anybody has a clue ho to fix this? Thanks!

I'm having the same issue since 12.3 when trying to listen to Music using AirPods Pro on the Hack. Like the OP, I can play songs that I've downloaded but I can't stream as then it keeps jumping to the next song.

I also have this issue when trying to play Apple Music through Safari where I will get an error message but interestingly I don't have this issue when playing Apple Music through Chrome.

Also works when streaming through HomePods and with my iPhone and iPad using AirPods Pro.

Anybody has a clue ho to fix this? Thanks!
Swapping to the macOS native WiFi/Bluetooth card above solved my problems.

The thing is that I have a native Wifi/Bluetooth card (bcm94360ng), this only started with the 12.3 or the update where Apple enabled universal control
Did you have any Bluetooth or Airport kexts? There should be none with the bcm94360ng.

Nope, no kexts. Airdrop, continuity etc. work fine, so does listening to something on YouTube through Safari
It's just with Apple Music, so annoying
Maybe try signing out of iCloud and Apple Music, restarting the computer, and then logging back in. That’s all I can think of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back