1. iOS
Specs
  • Asus Prime Z490-A
  • i9-10850K + NZXT Kraken X73 AIO 360 Cooler
  • Rx 580 MK2
  • 64G (3600 G.Skill RAM)
  • 1TB S11 Pro NVME SSD (boot drive)
  • 1TB Sandisk SATA SSD (Data)
  • BCM4360CS2 Wireless Card (Work OBO) + M2.Adapter [Really cheap combination] (was using BCM4360CD)
  • OC 0.7.6 (Full EFI can be find here)
  • MacOS 12.1

TLDR version:
Apple Magic Trackpad 2 Lagging when connected using bluetooth, but it smooth as butter when connecting via the USB lighting cable directly.
What could be wrong and how to fix it ?

Long version:
I started used Apple Magic Trackpad for a long time (pretty much as long as I started using MacOS since 2013);
Originally with the Magic Trackpad (1st gen) with my first Hackintosh desktop on 2015, and then replaced it with Magic Trackpad (2nd Gen) since 2018.
Never had any problem with the 1st gen;
For 2nd gen, I didn't noticed any lagging issue until recently year(probably some time around 2021, it wasn't too obvious at first).

I started do some research online, found out the following discussion.
Here are couple links of who reported the problem(I believe most of them are not "hackintosh" user)

Magic Trackpad 2 Lag when on bluetooth (fine plugged in)
Magic Trackpad 2 - delay/lag with starting input?
Mac Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse Lag Fixed By Disabling IPv6?

From the discussion, I can rule out couple causes:
* The bluetooth card shouldn't be a problem. (I had using the BCM4360CD since 2017, it used for both 1st/2nd gen TrackPad before)
* It should have nothing to do with IPv6 (I tried it , no differences noticed).
* The bluetooth signal isn't a problem (I checked RSSI: -47 which fall into "Excellent" category)

So here are my reasonable guess on where the issue could be:
* MacOS messed things up (bluetooth/wireless related); admittedly, their software quality have gone downhill in recently years;
* My 2nd gen TrackPad is somehow defected that need be replaced (I will test more with it on my real Macbook laptops to double check)
* Usb Mapping could be the cause ? consider the Internal bluetooth is go through the USB port ; I knew since 11.5 or something, we all have to do the Customized USB-Mapping, it kind align with the time when I noticed the lagging.

I thought I had an almost perfect hackintosh, until this issue started to hunting me. (Everything else works perfect fine, thank you for the help from OpenCore community along with this forum).

So, if you have similar problem, or better yet, you know how to fix it, I would really appreciated.

Happy New Year !

Are you using a custom USBPort.kext for your system?

Does the WiFi/BT card connect to an internal USB header port on your motherboard, so your Bluetooth module works?

Which M.2 adapter are you using?

Are you using a custom USBPort.kext for your system?

Does the WiFi/BT card connect to an internal USB header port on your motherboard, so your Bluetooth module works?

Which M.2 adapter are you using?

Yes, I'm using custom USBPort.kext --> I believe I have to since 11.15.

WiFi/BT module connect to M.2 with adapter (so, Not using Internal USB header).

Usually the adapter needs to be connected to the motherboard header port for the Bluetooth to work. All the adapters I have used had this requirement, even the one I used in a real Mac.

Which adapter are you using? Post a link to the adapter, so we can see what you are using.

Do you have the adapter connected to the M.2 E key connector (RED) or one of the two M key connectors (CYAN)?

sus Prime Z490-A MB - M2 connectors.pngAsus Prime Z490-A Motherboard with M.2 connectors highlighted

Usually the adapter needs to be connected to the motherboard header port for the Bluetooth to work. All the adapters I have used had this requirement, even the one I used in a real Mac.

Which adapter are you using? Post a link to the adapter, so we can see what you are using.

Do you have the adapter connected to the M.2 E key connector (RED) or one of the two M key connectors (CYAN)?

View attachment 538441Asus Prime Z490-A Motherboard with M.2 connectors highlighted
Link already attached in previous reply. if you click “adapter”.

I used the “red” M2. connector. which does not require any additional USB internal header for bluetooth.

OK, could just be the Bluetooth is borked because of the changes Apple made within Monterey. Others are finding similar issues with Bluetooth in Monterey, but normally not with native Apple WiFi/BT cards.

Can you post a copy of your USBPorts.kext or USBMap.kext so I can see what you are using. A screenshot from Hackintool showing the USB Port Configuration would also be helpful.

OK, could just be the Bluetooth is borked because of the changes Apple made within Monterey. Others are finding similar issues with Bluetooth in Monterey, but normally not with native Apple WiFi/BT cards.

Can you post a copy of your USBPorts.kext or USBMap.kext so I can see what you are using. A screenshot from Hackintool showing the USB Port Configuration would also be helpful.

USBPorts Mapping can be find here:

Hackintosh USB Mapping is here: (blue is the BlueTooth)
1641335717819.png

More detailed mapping:
1641335890792.png

Post a copy of the USBPorts.kext you are using, I don't care where you got it, I want to see the actual kext.

USBPorts Mapping can be find here:

Hackintosh USB Mapping is here: (blue is the BlueTooth)
View attachment 538460

More detailed mapping:
View attachment 538461
you also need to be in the 15port limit

Post a copy of the USBPorts.kext you are using, I don't care where you got it, I want to see the actual kext.
Well, it all in the Repository I posted. Here I attached again.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back