Contribute
Register

[Solved] Apple Logo boot loop after MultiBeast updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the pre-boot log? As there is no panic with safe boot, probably more helpful to upload your EFI folder (minus the themes, but with preboot.log - press F2 at boot menu to save to /efi/clover/misc)

That's the thing, Recovery Mode won't load either. It freezes when the Apple logo bar is at ~75%

That's the thing, Recovery Mode won't load either. It freezes when the Apple logo bar is at ~75%
You will need to access the EFI partition another way. Through Windows or Linux. Note that Recovery Mode will not boot without FakeSMC in the Clover kexts folder.

You will need to access the EFI partition another way. Through Windows or Linux. Note that Recovery Mode will not boot without FakeSMC in the Clover kexts folder.

So I finally managed to get Windows installed, where do I go from here?

So I finally managed to get Windows installed, where do I go from here?
Try to mount the EFI partition where clover is installed, and copy the folder /EFI to the desktop.

Then un-mount the EFI partition.

Remove themes directory (in clover folder) from the copy of the EFI folder, then zip.

Try to mount the EFI partition where clover is installed, and copy the folder /EFI to the desktop.

Then un-mount the EFI partition.

Remove themes directory (in clover folder) from the copy of the EFI folder, then zip.

When I try to paste the folder to the desktop, a text file called BCD can't be copied because "the file is open in System". Is the file essential or can I fix the EFI directory without it?

Attachments

• IMG_2749.JPG
    IMG_2749.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 78
When I try to paste the folder to the desktop, a text file called BCD can't be copied because "the file is open in System". Is the file essential or can I fix the EFI directory without it?
The BCD error can be ignored, and the 'Microsoft' directory deleted from the copy. The Clover directory is the interesting bit.

The BCD error can be ignored, and the 'Microsoft' directory deleted from the copy. The Clover directory is the interesting bit.

Okay. So I removed the themes folder, what next?

Sorry for the wait. I had a ton of problems with my Windows installation because one of my SATA cables was faulty. I guess when things break they all break at once. On the Mac side, based on other posts I read while banging my head on the desk, it could be a broken evOre kext that caused my problem.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.5 MB · Views: 74
Sorry for the wait. I had a ton of problems with my Windows installation because one of my SATA cables was faulty. I guess when things break they all break at once. On the Mac side, based on other posts I read while banging my head on the desk, it could be a broken evOre kext that caused my problem.
Thanks. Have attached a zip with some files to merge into your (real) EFI folder. Copy them into their corresponding locations.

What they are:

/efi/clover/kexts/other/ - FakeSMC and Ethernet kexts (needed when not present in cache e.g. Recovery Boot)

/efi/clover/config-safeboot.plist - Alternate configuration for safe boot, no unsigned kexts, no caches, inject always
/efi/clover/config-sip-enabled.plist - Alternate configuration for normal boot, no unsigned kexts, no caches, inject always
/efi/clover/config.plist - Your previous configuration with few changes (Drop DMAR, debug=0x100, detect fakeSMC for kext injection)

1. You should be able to boot into recovery with the default config.plist
2. You might be able to boot into safe boot with config-safeboot.plist but that would be too easy wouldn't it...

Hit 'o' for options at clover boot menu, see 'configurations'

Attachments

• efi-files.zip
    173 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back