Contribute
Register

Apple LED Cinema Display (27-inch flat-panel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabite GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-UEFI
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600 LGA 1155
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Everything is working OOB.
Webcam, Microphone from de screen, USB Ports, Sound from the screen,
It is a super display.

Specifications:
Motherboard: Z68X UD3H B3 F10
Graphics: ATI 6870

Does more people have also a working screen.
I am curious.

Attachments

• Display.tiff
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,060
Hi,
Just want to know how did you connect your Apple LED Cinema Display to your Hackintosh? I'm also planning to get one for my Hackintosh.

Thanks.

Fungicide said:
Everything is working OOB.
Webcam, Microphone from de screen, USB Ports, Sound from the screen,
It is a super display.

Specifications:
Motherboard: Z68X UD3H B3 F10
Graphics: ATI 6870

Does more people have also a working screen.
I am curious.

Same here, 27" Cinema Display fully working connected to a 6870 via one of the mini displayports. Using a 2 metre mDP extension cable from Ebay as the screen's built-in cable is comically short.

I got my Cinema Display working on my unit with XFX 6670 using adapter female mini DP to male DP. But i get NO sound on Lion, I can get sound on Windows 7. Everytime i change sound on System Preference to Display Audio it automatically points to Headphones. iSight and USB ports work, but i need driver for iSight for Windows. Can anyone help?

Ugh...just got my 27 LED and it won't work! I'm using http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FP ... 02_s00_i01 which is the 6870 with 2GB of RAM. 10.7.3 Stock everything with just basic extensions like sleep. Can anyone guide me in the direction of what might be wrong?

Tested the monitor with my MacBook Pro it works fine.

Are you all on Lion as well? Could it be that this specific 6870 doesn't work?

I should note monitor doesn't come on at all during boot up in BIOS or in Windows with BootCamp. Also I've used this card to drive two PC monitors via DVI with no issues for 6 months or so.

Thanks!

I can confirm, that the ACD 27" is fully compatible with Intel HD 3000. My Board works perfect with it. You need only 2 things:
-An adapter cable
-A proper DSDT edit - if you want to use the integrated speakers - according to toleda's guide

See Here

I'm desperate, I can not find anyone who can do it.
Who knows how to run the graphics card Ati Radeon HD6870 with the Cinema Display 27".
Please help meeee !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back