Contribute
Register

Apple keyboard driver for Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the apple bluetooth keyboard and i dint bother with the apple drivers. Some people reported it changing the name of their boot drive to "BOOTCAMP". The main reason why I didn't use it was because it wont let you remap the "windows" key. I used a program called sharpkeys. It edits the registry but you can change where the windows key is and you can also map the volume keys. I also mapped F6 as a delete key so I have control-alt-delete. The UI looks old but it works flawlessly. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link but I downloaded it from cnet.com

http://download.cnet.com/SharpKeys/3000-2094_4-75803009.html

Sharp keys will let you move the windows key so I have my command key act as control and the control key act as the windows key. It makes using windows 10 much easier
??Why??
Control key is same key on both Win and Apple keybords. It is the ALT/Option key and Windows/Command keys that are swapped.

??Why??
Control key is same key on both Win and Apple keybords. It is the ALT/Option key and Windows/Command keys that are swapped.
That's true but in macOS, the command key is used for shortcuts like new tab(command-t), save(command-s), cut, copy, paste, etc. So out of muscle memory I always grab the command key. I haven't regularly used a keyboard other than my macbook pro keyboard or another apple keyboard in years. I also rarely use Windows. so it was just easier for me to map it that way so I would feel more at home in windows

Have the same issue with wired Apple MB110 keyboard and Windows 10 PC:
everything working in basic mode, but no media keys (no matter if "Fn" key is pressed or not).
Tried to install bootcamp drivers – nothing changed.
SharpKeys does not see difference if, say, F10 key pressed alone or with Fn – shows the same key code.
Meanwhile in macOS the same keyboard works just fine - so it's not a hardware issue (I mean, Fn key is not broken).

Is there a way to make it work or, at least, to have SharpKeys/Autohotkey shortcuts with Fn key?

If I recall, I installed the keyboard's driver via bootcamp (like removed everything but the keyboard's driver in bootcamp folder. After, you have to enable it in keyboards' language or something like that.

If I recall, I installed the keyboard's driver via bootcamp (like removed everything but the keyboard's driver in bootcamp folder. After, you have to enable it in keyboards' language or something like that.
Thanks... unfortunately, I don't see any new layouts in my keyboard/languages settings. :(

In Control Panel, you make a search for language. You click on language, and your language will be shown. You click on options > Add an input method. And there should be your language with (Apple) next to it. Does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back