Register

Apple keyboard driver for Windows 10

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix H370-I GAMING
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Version 6 of Boot Camp Support Software isn't yet available on https://support.apple.com/downloads/, and I ran out of patience with Boot Camp Assistant (many attempts at modifying /Applications/Utilities/Boot Camp Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist). Here's what worked for me:

1. In OS X, use the Brigadier Python script (https://github.com/timsutton/brigadier) to download Boot Camp Windows Support Software directly, bypassing Boot Camp Assistant. This was my terminal command “/Users/user/Downloads/brigadier-0.2.2/brigadier -m iMac15,1”. The result was a 1.63GB file “/Users/user/BootCamp-031-24514/WindowsSupport.dmg” containing Boot Camp 6 drivers.
  2. Mount the dmg. In order to get the keyboard working I just needed AppleKeyboardInstaller64.exe and BootCamp.msi from BootCamp/Drivers/Apple. Unless you want to install a whole load of other drivers, copy just these two files to a folder on a drive that will be available in Windows. bootcamp.png
  3. In Windows, create a restore point (optional)
  4. Run BootCamp.msi from an elevated command prompt (right-click and "Run as administrator"). Reboot when the install finishes.
  5. Enjoy the volume controls!

Is there a better method?

Motherboard
Asrock P67 Pro3 SE
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 460SE
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
How do I uninstall this? System restore doesn't work.
EDIT: Nvm, solved by right-clicking BootCamp and then uninstall.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 5-CF
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Hey! I realize this is an old forum but I'm running into issues trying to install the keyboard driver for windows. I'm using the same BootCamp version and I install via command prompt but during install a Windows Installer error comes up. The install continues and completes but after reboot the function keys of the keyboard still do not work. I've uploaded a screenshot of the error. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Apple Keyboard Image.png
    Apple Keyboard Image.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 4,083

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey! I realize this is an old forum but I'm running into issues trying to install the keyboard driver for windows. I'm using the same BootCamp version and I install via command prompt but during install a Windows Installer error comes up. The install continues and completes but after reboot the function keys of the keyboard still do not work. I've uploaded a screenshot of the error. Any ideas?
What keyboard are you trying to install? The Apple KB works just fine without drivers.

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 5-CF
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
I am trying to install the standard Apple wired keyboard. Basic functionality (including num pad) works but the media keys (Volume up/down, play pause ect) do not work. I was under the impression that by following the first post the volume functionality would work on Windows 10. Is it possible?

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am trying to install the standard Apple wired keyboard. Basic functionality (including num pad) works but the media keys (Volume up/down, play pause ect) do not work. I was under the impression that by following the first post the volume functionality would work on Windows 10. Is it possible?
Probably. I quit fooling around with the wired KB and got the Logitech K750 for Mac and a K750 for Windows, along with my M570 trackball. All three are linked to the same dongle - I just switch KBs when I switch OSs.

Hi, I can't seem to make it work. The install goes just fine, but nothing changes, the ! is still a _ ... Any ideas? Thank you

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 5-CF
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Probably. I quit fooling around with the wired KB and got the Logitech K750 for Mac and a K750 for Windows, along with my M570 trackball. All three are linked to the same dongle - I just switch KBs when I switch OSs.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I missed it but I was lucky to get a K750 this past holiday season and it has been working flawlessly. Thank you for your suggestion :)

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
This works for me for all keyboards (wired and wireless)...except my newly bought A1242, which when using Fn + Delete will continue to delete if i release the delete key but keep holding the Fn key