Contribute
Register

Apple issues OS X 10.8.2 and 10.7.5 Supplemental Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Apple issues OS X 10.8.2 and 10.7.5 Supplemental Updates

Working fine on my i3-2310 HP ProBook 4530s.

-bth

installed through app store, no issues G53JW-A1

In Z68X-UD3H-B3 UEFI BIOS without problems

No problems either with my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH/Core i7-3770K (via the App Store).

-bth

Well, I went from barely moving in Time Machine to 10-12 min a gigabyte for a 16 gigabyte system partition-only backup. So, I guess that would be considered an improvement. But then again I cloned the whole partition with CCC in < 5 min.

i3 / 8 GB

Is it necessary to redo multibeast settings after updates?

No, you do not need to re aply multibeast

This is for Nvidia Fermi card users that have a operating Lion 10.7.4 installation.
Before upgrading to 10.7.5:
So the first step of course is to backup everything, next backup the 10.7.x drivers you have (by default to your home folder):

The AppleHDA.kext is sound, and the IOUSB is the USB3 rollback.
Code:
sudo cp -R /System/Library/{Extensions/{IOUSB*,AppleHDA.kext},Frameworks/{OpenGL.framework,OpenCL.framework}} ~

Next download and upgrade to 10.7.5 update combo, then before restarting.
Download http://cvad-mac.narod2.ru/Kext_Utility/
Use kext utility and install all kext's from your user directory where the first command backed it up.
Quit the Kext utility
Download the nvidia drivers http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-270.00.00f06-driver.html
Mount the dgn file, use the right click command to select "Show package contents"
Change to the package directory and run the webDriverPayload_I8ZG1.pkg
Open Terminal and paste the following commands, if you type it make absolute sure that you DO NOT type a double space after the rm -r!.

Code:
cd ~
sudo rm -r /System/Library/{Frameworks/{OpenGL.framework,OpenCL.framework},PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework}
sudo ditto --hfsCompression OpenGL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework
sudo ditto --hfsCompression OpenCL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework

Reboot.
And that's it. No need to rebuild your kernel cache since the kext utility took care of that. You can now delete the files from your home folder.

Download and install the latest apple update.

Updated via App Store for GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 board. No issue after reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back