Contribute
Register

Apple IR Board 820-2540-A any way to install on Hackintosh???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-D3H (F18i Mod)
CPU
I5-2500S (BCLK 104mhz; +4 Multi.)
Graphics
GA GTX660 OC 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I have this IR Board, taken from my dissasembled iMac 21.5 late 2011.
Here it is a photo.

261jmzn.jpg

And this is my hackintosh:

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE 1155 GA-Z77X-D3H

CPU: I5-2500S (From iMac)

GPU: GIGABYTE GTX660 2GB OC 2xDVI/HDMI/DP € 148.00

RAM: DDR3 1600Mhz PC12800 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 1.5V CL9 (2x4GB)

I'm going to install Mountain Lion 10.8.5, so my question is: There is any way to install this IR BOARD on my motherboard?? I want to use the Apple Remote Control (alluminium)

Do you know another working IR Board for the Apple remote? Thanks

P.S. Sorry for my orrible english!

Hi, the idea is good but my IR Receiver has a different type of connection cable.
Look here 3028myp.jpg

So what I can do? What's is the product code of the IR Receiver used in the thread linked??
eBay link are dead! There are other compatible ir receiver? Thanks

P.S. Is this the right connector or something similar?? Can it be working with my hackintosh/motherboard???
I can buy it, it's in my country!!
:D
http://www.ebay.it/itm/Apple-Macboo...51327539091?pt=Mac&hash=item3a8449e793&_uhb=1

EDIT 2! GOOD NEWS I have found a guy who takes this working!! http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...apple-remote-compatibility-pc.html#post534604

What do you think? can it be working?

Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 9.46.24 PM.png

I hade an IR mod. As you can see, it's attached to a USB port which is how the mod works.

I moved this thread to the Customization sub-forum.

I just discovered this on my broken iMac and I am looking to get it wired to use it on my hackintosh. Do you guys know which wire is what ? All the wires are black and I don't know which is power, ground data etc

I managed to find the wiring myself, if you turn the board on the back, the first wire in the left ( marked V on the board ) is D-, second is D+, third is 5V and the last wire is Ground.

So if you guys want to wire it to an usb cable, its D- ( White ) D+ ( Green ) 5V ( Red ) and Ground ( Black ).

I tested it and it works.

Thanks a lot iulianh!
It works! Now I can use Plex with Apple Remote!

I managed to find the wiring myself, if you turn the board on the back, the first wire in the left ( marked V on the board ) is D-, second is D+, third is 5V and the last wire is Ground.

So if you guys want to wire it to an usb cable, its D- ( White ) D+ ( Green ) 5V ( Red ) and Ground ( Black ).

I tested it and it works.

iulianh, I know this is an old post. But do you know the part# of the board you used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back