Contribute
Register

Apple Intel AMD/ATI Framebuffers

Status
Not open for further replies.
setting up an apple developer account may be less appropriate for those who just want the software, which anyone with a MAS account (anyone who has legally acquired OS X) will have access to. I have posted the Xcode method for this reason. With Xcode they could also compile any of the open source software posted here and other repositories.

I recently found out that the Command Line Tools can be downloaded independently from Xcode for previous OSX versions as well. It's a tiny download compared to Xcode. Search for it in Apple Developer.

The latest version of Xcode does not have a function to download the command line tools. Apparently you need to be a registered developer to download them from the dev site. But you can download for free by typing in terminal:

xcode-select --install

Just install the latest Xcode from MAS, and you will have "otool" in terminal. Command line tools is not needed.

How to I run this code.
I have installed Otool and Xcode 5.0.1
Try to put it into php file, then run under xampp folder, the output I look like below:
Code:
 [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times]-------------------------AMD2400Controller.kext------------------------- -------------------------AMD2600Controller.kext------------------------- -------------------------AMD3800Controller.kext------------------------- -------------------------AMD4600Controller.kext------------------------- -------------------------AMD4800Controller.kext------------------------- -------------------------AMD5000Controller.kext------------------------- -------------------------AMD6000Controller.kext------------------------- -------------------------AMD7000Controller.kext-------------------------[/FONT][/COLOR]

The whole point of my suggestion above was no one using Mavericks needs to do anything if they don't want Xcode. The script will attempt to run otool which will trigger the dialog box asking the user to install the command line tools. All other users will probably find it more useful to install Xcode from the MAS, that is all.

The ATI php script don't works anymore with 10.9.2.
Could you please check it ?

Thanks

Fixed, and should be backwards-compatible. Tested on 10.8.5 and 10.9.2

Thanks, works now in 10.9.2.

It's just a PHP script, and since I've already posted the output inline above, there's no need to run it again, unless you're interested in the internals. The source code is posted in the spirit of sharing, not because end-users need to run it themselves.
In Terminal: php <file>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back