Contribute
Register

Apple IIe Casemod for Sandy Bridge CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well- I've got the color apple monitor that fits great on top- but I think a CRT with uber-low resolution is kind of dated. Think I'll use a standard monitor instead. :lol:

That can easily fit a small 9" lcd display that can output 1280x720 or 1366x768 if you are lucky, you could do it if you had enough drive

tonymacx86 said:
Well- I've got the color apple monitor that fits great on top

tlace19 said:
That can easily fit a small 9" lcd display that can output 1280x720 or 1366x768 if you are lucky, you could do it if you had enough drive

Do a monitor mod as well !! :thumbup:

Way cool project tony.

I have always wanted to do a Apple IIgs with a mini ITX, I started a mod on one years ago and just did not have the skills or money to finish it now I do, so it may be time to hit ebay.

aIIgs.jpg

aIIgs_open.jpg

Very interesting Idea to have something around the house like this . :thumbup:

you could fit an older pc vga monitor in the apple monitor case...
to maintain that retro look(this assumes u can even find one nowadays)
good luck and more pix please.... :thumb up:
I'm thinking of doing an orig mac allinone that tiny monitor will have to b replaced
with a small lcd though..
<<<<<

Ok so the project stalled when I realized I'd need a smaller, thinner PSU instead of the one I had loose (500w OCZ). I decided not to take apart the customac mini just to get the smaller 250w psu out.

I'll do some updates when I get around to ordering a tiny PSU to fit. Otherwise it's all going in fine. Thinking of testing an external brick and seeing how low power it can get with hd 3000 + i3-2105 + ssd. Maybe 150w?

You could always use a pico-psu. It would give you a lot more room to work with in that small case. And that system shouldn't draw too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back