Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There are rumors floating around the far flung corners of the internet, suggesting that Apple have partnered with Lilium to build the 1st electric flying car for the masses!.

Last edited:
Any ideas on date of release or starting price ? Will it cost more than a fully specced 2019 Mac Pro ? Will it have fully working Bluetooth ? Will it be able to run Windows ? (just kidding)

This concept car looks like a 21st century version of the Batmobile.
It would make any Tesla look as antiquated as a model T.

Any ideas on date of release or starting price ? Will it cost more than a fully specced 2019 Mac Pro ? Will it have fully working Bluetooth ? Will it be able to run Windows ? (just kidding)

This concept car looks like a 21st century version of the Batmobile.
It would make any Tesla look as antiquated as a model T.

there are no specifics on price yet, some have speculated that it could cost less than a maxed out Mac Pro!. Range is 198 miles speed is... quite fast and it can run windows mobile.

With Apple's hoard of cash in the hundreds of billions they could fund the development and get this "off the ground." Whether the average working person could ever afford one remains to be seen. At first it will be mostly a toy for the very rich unless battery tech gets a lot better and cheaper.

This is how they designed the shape of the Lilium jet. Looks like a Manta ray.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

With Apple's hoard of cash in the hundreds of billions they could fund the development and get this "off the ground." Whether the average working person could ever afford one remains to be seen. At first it will be mostly a toy for the very rich unless battery tech gets a lot better and cheaper.

This is how they designed the shape of the Lilium jet. Looks like a Manta ray.

View attachment 513875

That looks like the flying sub out of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea! :D

I think this is a great idea and it could possibly work. But please Apple, do not put the lightning charging port on the bottom of the car. That would be a deal breaker for me personally.

Screen Shot 5.jpg

Looks like no one will ever get to drive the Apple car, just be a passenger. Basically a 100 % autonomous robo-taxi. I'm certain they'll cost too much for anyone making less than 150,000 dollars per year. The cost of all the technology and the R&D involved will make them very expensive.

I think this is the best direction for Apple to take. If they just build a more luxurious version of a Tesla only the very rich could afford them and most people would never get to use one. Today, anyone can buy a new or used iPhone and be a part of the Apple ecosystem. The super expensive Apple car wouldn't be Apple's goal here. Not owning a personal vehicle is the best way to limit a huge expense in your budget while at the same time having less of a negative impact on the environment. Something that is really important to Apple.

I'd guess that you'll be able to summon one with your smartphone, hop in and get dropped off at your destination. It will only be a service you use, not something that you own and park in your garage at night. They'll be on the road all day and night until they need charging. Will put all bus and ICE car taxi services out of business, just the way cell phones put and end to most every phone booth in the world.

Last edited:
but does even a company like Apple have all the necessary resources for this?
Apple is valued at over 2 trillion dollars and could easily buy Ford and GM with cash on hand.

Screen Shot 3.jpg

Apple is valued at over 2 trillion dollars and could easily buy Ford and GM with cash on hand.

View attachment 524175

Over the last few years, with iPhone sales largely plateauing, Apple has spent much of their cash hoard on dividends and buybacks to help propel their stock price and market cap to dizzying heights. However, as a result, they are no longer the most "cash rich" company and have been overtaken by Microsoft and Google.

IMG_2538.jpg IMG_2539.jpg IMG_2540.jpg

However, as a result, they are no longer the most "cash rich" company and have been overtaken by Microsoft and Google.
I doubt that they will pursue the dream of a flying robo taxi anytime soon but they could if that was their goal. They would have no problem raising the necessary cash to do that. It looks like all their new cars will have 4 wheels and be "earth bound" for some time after they are first released. Their goal is to disrupt the existing Auto industry and even beat Tesla in terms of car quality, efficiency and reliability.

An Apple taxi in NYC would be great wouldn't it ? You'd still have gas car traffic to deal with but at least you'd be more comfortable and entertained while sitting stuck in grid lock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back