Contribute
Register

Apple Finally Buying AMD CPUs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have time to read these excessively long winded posts that go nowhere.
you made 2 straight post, post 96 and post 97
post 96 was a little long, probably even longer than mine
you put 96 and 97 together and you beat me by a mile

is ok, no problem, i never said that you are wrong
i'm simply showing the other side of the story
but it seems like you don't want to hear it or in this case read it
no problem
we will continue some other time when you might feel like reading or writing

i respect your opinion and i read what you have to say
but if you don't want to read what i write and you find it that it doesn't lead any where, no problem

have a great day
:headbang:

While I agree that AMD is not in it to win it at least not for the long haul. Running Mac OS has never been about choice but more so every post I have read from you looks like a temper tantrum because you did not get your way. If you left Mac OS behind then what are you doing here? Just be on your way!
while i'm personally not using it right now due to the fact that i don't want to switch to AMD GPU
i do have to install mac os on some friends or costumers computers

i never said or wrote that i left for good, i love mac os
like it more than windows but i don't like some of the things that are being done right now

one of the big reason why i didn't switch to AMD GPU permanently is because i knew this was the next step by apple
i knew they will at least consider AMD CPU for their macs
while we can still use intel cpu for another 5 years at least

it will eventually end up just where i first started, having to switch my hardware

the real question is, is apple switching to AMD because AMD is better than intel or is apple switching because AMD is cheaper?

why apple didn't switch before if they believe so much in AMD

yes AMD CPU might be a bit better now but i think the real reason is the price
not the hardware quality, AMD GPU are sure not better than Nvidia GPU, they are cheaper

pastrychef quit on me the same way AMD quit competing against intel years ago
:lol:

i did tried to use a AMD GPU but i didn't like it
i know what you're saying i understand perfectly but is not the way you think, honestly

regards

What a tedious, pointless discussion that went on a bit too long! If one needs a new computer today, why would they give a rip what company might be on top of the CPU wars 5 years from now? The smart money would buy the CPU that gives them the most performance and value TODAY.

Years ago I used to be an AMD user, for the last several have been an Intel user. When I needed to upgrade my CPU power I looked to whatever would do what I needed it to do. I'm about there again and everything today is pointing to AMD.

What a tedious, pointless discussion that went on a bit too long! If one needs a new computer today, why would they give a rip what company might be on top of the CPU wars 5 years from now? The smart money would buy the CPU that gives them the most performance and value TODAY.

Years ago I used to be an AMD user, for the last several have been an Intel user. When I needed to upgrade my CPU power I looked to whatever would do what I needed it to do. I'm about there again and everything today is pointing to AMD.

So then you decided to join in with your equally pointless post. If AMD goes back in the trashcan then software programers/Game designers will stop optimizing for AMD again and your performance will really go in the toilet. When running servers this is much more clear.

That sounds good!:p

So then you decided to join in with your equally pointless post. If AMD goes back in the trashcan then software programers/Game designers will stop optimizing for AMD again and your performance will really go in the toilet. When running servers this is much more clear.

At least on the gaming end AMD is in most of the consoles which make up the largest gaming platform. Developers can write to Ryzen for both consoles and PCs.

On the server end, AMD chips have much less vulnerability to malicious attacks so its makes sense for companies to use them not to mention the cost savings. Most of that software is already customized so writing to AMD or Intel shouldn't make a huge difference.

Huh, Macs with Intel are so hot. I can just imagine how would it be with AMD :/

Huh, Macs with Intel are so hot. I can just imagine how would it be with AMD :/

The old FX series yes would be an issue but the newer Ryzen series are more efficient.

FF079D01-0E3E-4DEA-84E7-8179B650484E.jpeg

On Topic for me to ever go back to an AMD CPU I would need them to show they were going to remain a player for a long time. Last time they grew some balls and got into the game they decided to quit trying to keep up.

Why? if the performance is now good enough why won't you consider it your CPU is not going to underperform in the future..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back