Contribute
Register

Apple Finally Buying AMD CPUs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope this story pans out to be true.

Now that AMD have CPU's that are as powerful (or more powerful) than similar spec'ed Intel CPU's and at a lower cost, it totally makes sense that Apple would consider using AMD CPU's/APU's.

Apple and AMD already have a close working relationship when it comes to GPU's, so Apple will probably get very favourable price's on CPU's resulting in higher margins on their retail products.

I'm just surprised it's taken them this long to make the jump ...

Having official AMD CPU/APU support in MacOs will open up a whole new world for the Hackintosh community.

Cheers
Jay

Hi, Apple will adapt ARM I believe. they may go for AMD 1 or 2 years but to be honest X86 is not the best plattform. it wasn't back in the days and its not today. I believe that RISC and ARM is whats next.
Intel made lot of ₹₹₹₹ for giving us the same tech 10 years :D and now AMD really did great job. However if ut think about it x86 is not the bang...
Its like Linux, we all know that Linux is the thing to come, specially with the new generation of ppl. its time to let the new things in and say goodbye to the old.
otherwise we'll be stuck like intel sometime soon :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back