Contribute
Register

Apple 'Far Out' Event: September 7, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably me being slow as I haven't had a chance to watch the full event yet, but I see there's a "hidden" iPhone 14 option. The Store menu shows iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro only, but in the iPhone 14 page there's also a 'Plus" variant with a 6.7" screen. Originally I'd thought good for Apple they're rationalising the line up, but now it looks as complicated as ever:

iPhone 12
iPhone SE
iPhone 13
iPhone 13 Mini
iPhone 14
iPhone 14 Plus
iPhone 14 Pro

Interesting too that there's only the Apple Silicon 24" iMacs now, but the Refurbished store is chocca with the Intel models. Do they rebox old stock as Refurb?

The very first large screen iPhone was the iPhone 6 Plus at 5.5 inches.

That generation had the standard 6 at 4.7 inches and the Plus. Prior to that the largest screen size was 4 inches.

I had the 6 Plus in white — my favorite up to that point.

Probably me being slow as I haven't had a chance to watch the full event yet, but I see there's a "hidden" iPhone 14 option. The Store menu shows iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro only, but in the iPhone 14 page there's also a 'Plus" variant with a 6.7" screen. Originally I'd thought good for Apple they're rationalising the line up, but now it looks as complicated as ever:

iPhone 12
iPhone SE
iPhone 13
iPhone 13 Mini
iPhone 14
iPhone 14 Plus
iPhone 14 Pro

Interesting too that there's only the Apple Silicon 24" iMacs now, but the Refurbished store is chocca with the Intel models. Do they rebox old stock as Refurb?

There are two non-Pro models:
iPhone 14 - 6.1" screen
iPhone 14 Plus - 6.7" screen

There are two Pro models:
iPhone 14 Pro - 6.1" screen
iPhone 14 Pro Max - 6.7" screen

There are two non-Pro models:
iPhone 14 - 6.1" screen
iPhone 14 Plus - 6.7" screen

There are two Pro models:
iPhone 14 Pro - 6.1" screen
iPhone 14 Pro Max - 6.7" screen

Ah, thanks. Didn't spot the Pro Max! :thumbup:

Makes the line-up even more complex.

Perhaps they hold a lot of old stock. Otherwise this mix of ranges is confusing.

Not sure why I read someone saying the prices haven't gone up. They have. Base iPhone SE now £449 from £399. Airtag £35 from £29. iPhone 12 same as iPhone 13 Mini at £649.

I just want to say "hold the boat!" I'll never catch up to the latest of anything at this rate ... :crazy:

I honestly think that with most of the world struggling under severely rising energy bills, these big tech companies could do a liitle to help their customers.

Ah, thanks. Didn't spot the Pro Max! :thumbup:

Makes the line-up even more complex.

Perhaps they hold a lot of old stock. Otherwise this mix of ranges is confusing.

Not sure why I read someone saying the prices haven't gone up. They have. Base iPhone SE now £449 from £399. Airtag £35 from £29. iPhone 12 same as iPhone 13 Mini at £649.

I just want to say "hold the boat!" I'll never catch up to the latest of anything at this rate ... :crazy:

I honestly think that with most of the world struggling under severely rising energy bills, these big tech companies could do a liitle to help their customers.

I find the lineup pretty simple...

1. Decide if you want Pro or non-Pro.
2. Decide if you want 6.1" or 6.7".
3. Done.

The prices remained the same in the US but have increased in some other parts of the world. I suspect that this is due to the extreme strength in the US dollar right now and the weakness in Euro and Pound.

Just got this in my inbox. The iPhone phishers/scammers were all ready for the launch event.

1662645648410.png

It's FREE! they won't even charge me to participate. Wow ! My prize is guaranteed for just a minute of my time.

They pretend to send the email from Walmart yet they put Onlinemart in their ad.
Screen_Shot_3.jpg

Last edited:
I find the lineup pretty simple...

1. Decide if you want Pro or non-Pro.
2. Decide if you want 6.1" or 6.7".
3. Done.

The prices remained the same in the US but have increased in some other parts of the world. I suspect that this is due to the extreme strength in the US dollar right now and the weakness in Euro and Pound.
I also find this pretty simple. Definitely not "complex." I will probably always go for the Pro model because of the faster processor and better camera.

But guys, you're missing my point and only considering the iPhone 14.

Each of the models - SE, 12, 13, 13 Mini, 14 Std, Plus and Pro have different available memory options too, mostly three each ...

You may be okay with this. I was just pointing out how confusing it must be for "switchers" or the less tech-savvy, knowing where to put their money - old but large capacity or newer but less? Etc.

(I mean, I just went for the colour I liked! :lol: )

Did you guys also notice the spiritual successor to Space Harrier by Sega's Yu Suzuki called Air Twister in the iPhone 14 intro? It's an Apple Arcade exclusive that was released a few months ago.

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 10.55.21 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back