Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 12.59.27 PM.png
Apple just announced an event next Tuesday, October 13th, 2020 at 10AM PDT. Expected is news about an upcoming iPhone, and possibly the release date of macOS Big Sur. What do you think this event will bring?

Source:

Air Tags to be revealed ! Blue and Orange ? 5G iPhones. Better cameras, battery life etc. etc.

Last edited:
Should be an exciting event. Let's hope the first one or two Apple Silicon-based Macs are also announced!

Hi, Speed can refer to:
  • 5G on select new iPhones (the image looks like a propagating wave)
  • A14 processor
  • Apple Silicon Macs being considerably faster than their Intel counterparts

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 10.11.50 AM.png

I think it will just be new phones and not new Macs yet. They will have to price new Macs very carefully as the current stock will not sell. Who would but a current model that is going to be slower than the new models, not many unless the old stock is reduced in price, or, on the other hand you will see a price hike for the new chips as they will tout them as far superior to a £2000 current model.

They will have to price new Macs very carefully as the current stock will not sell.
The new ASi Mac laptops coming in maybe late November/December will cost as much or more than the last Intel based ones did. I don't see any dramatic lowering of prices other than on the most entry level MBA or new Macbook. I think they'll show the new ones but not reveal the prices yet. Remember that many people are currently holding off on buying a MacBook (Pro) so Apple is losing sales until those hit the market. They don't worry about losing sales of the older Intel MBPs as those will all sell eventually. They will definitely show new ones for the largest buying season of the year, Black Friday through Christmas.

Apple never price "carefully" in my view. They price the way they want and look - Kapow! they're the richest tech company.

Two times they've experimented with being "cheap" 1) iPhone 5C and iPhone 5SE/SE. I don't recall any Mac laptop or desktop being priced low. I did buy an eMac and absolutely loved it. It was slightly cheaper than an iMac, but in reality it was a completely different machine anyway.

Old Intel MBPs will sell to those who need Bootcamp, remember. That's usually corporate.

Old Intel MBPs will sell to those who need Bootcamp, remember. That's usually corporate.
And there will be only a limited number of new Intel MBPs left for sale once they cut production. They'll sell just fine. I think we'll see them roll out a new $799 MacBook with Apple Silicon as they save a lot of money by making their own SoCs so they'll still be making good margins on the lower end. It will be a sort of new version of the $499 Intel Mac minis that they used to have to attract Windows switchers back in the day. The latter 2000s and early 2010s.

Last edited:
Do you think that the apple silicon mac mini could drive a screen with 5120 x 1440 ?
Do you think that future mac minis will still suppport eGPU's ?

So the iPhone 12 5G has finally arrived.

Pretty much looks just like the pundits imagined.

The full range is more insteresting because of the price drops for the XR and 11.

5G might be fast but that just means you eat your data allowance faster!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back