Motherboard
ASUS P5KPL
CPU
Core 2 Duo
Graphics
8600 GT
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Hi, I'm looking forward to build a Hackintosh inside of a Power Mac G5 case, I'm also thinking about buying a old Apple Cinema Display, I've seen that when using de ADC conector you can power on your Power Mac too, is there a way to use this function with a Hackintosh, I've seen the ADC connector pinout and it only shows how to get the DVI and USB signal out, any has any idea of where the power on signal comes out?

Last edited:
Hello,
I have the same project. I would like to build in a Power Mac G5 something powerfull with a good ration quality/cost. I don't need a gamer or pumped configuration. Did you made your choice matias? What component do you guys recommand? I am looking for something very easy and standard if it exists... :)

Hello,
I have the same project. I would like to build in a Power Mac G5 something powerfull with a good ration quality/cost. I don't need a gamer or pumped configuration. Did you made your choice matias? What component do you guys recommand? I am looking for something very easy and standard if it exists... :)

For motherboard it'll be easier if you go matx, there are plenty of option in this form factor, sadly if you are going for a no-cut build, and since the matx ff only has 4 slots, you only have two expansion slots available to add USB and other things since any decent gpu already takes two slots. For psu you can use anything, if you wanna keep the psu basement you wanna go for the flex ATX psu form factor, not the best since they're hard to find, the usually come in low wattage, and a nice 500w flex ATX psu, even though its 80+ platinum rating, would cost you $130, pretty expensive for a psu.
Bottom line: it's really up to your budget

Sorry, I am new bee. I will look on google what do you mean by "form factor" and "no-cut build". I can cut with a dremel if it is what you mean ;). I understand that the motherboard should be matx format and do you recomand a brand or any can do?

What about the rest, hard drive and graphic card? Is it Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT like your profile say?
Thanks mat for the inputs ;)
(I realize that I should open a new thread, I will erase my post if required)

Last edited:
Sorry, I am new bee. I will look on google what do you mean by "form factor" and "no-cut build". I can cut with a dremel if it is what you mean ;)
What about the rest, hard drive and graphic card? Is it Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT like your profile say?
Thanks mat for the inputs ;)
(I realize that I should open a new thread, I will erase my post if required)

No, that was my old desktop actually, I never updated my profile, now I'm mostly on laptops. For specifics parts that run well as a Hackintosh you should see the buyer's guide here at tonymacx86, for your specific case (that you wanna build inside the G5) you should lookup on Google for "Power Mac G5 ATX conversion" guides and builds, you can look at "TheLaserHive" if you wanna buy ATX conversion kits for your G5, but they usually require a Dremel tool in hand, that luckily you said you had, it's up to aesthetics which way you go. And yeah, you should open a new thread for support of all the members.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back