Contribute
Register

Apple Chime at Startup Added to Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, just want to confirm: The clover boot sound option works great on 2 different systems, an H97M based and a Z370M based system.
As others mentioned "fast" boot setting does not work properly, I set the boot selection time to 0sec, sound works and Clover does not show either!
I did not want the boot chime to show on the regular stereo sound system, I just wanted it on the internal speaker of my Powermac G5 cabinets. So I routed the boot sound to the "non used" 5.1 "rear speaker" line out via the clover selection, added a super small and low cost LM386 amp module into the path to the speaker.
The Z370M board die NOT have the full set of 5.1 analog out sockets, in this case I used the SPDIF digital out of the motherboard, added a 5 euro DAC module, the same LM386 as above and voila boot chime from the internal speaker via SPDIF!
The amp as well as the DAC need 5V supply, which I picked up from an internal USB header.
An extra note for the LM386: they typically come with a 200x gain setting, which is way too high. Remove the bypass network on the module (pin 1 to pin 8 of the IC, R1 on the modules I used) so that the amp runs with internal feedback setting of 20x. Volume adjust will be a lot easier, output static noise will be gone. This is well documented in the application notes for the LM386.
IMG_3812.jpg
IMG_3807.jpg

Is there a config.plist or theme.plist to set the volume persistent across reboots? I set mine away from the default and it went back to default after the reboot.

Using the Goldfish64 package, it works, but is at ear-splitting volume, and changing the volume setting in the Clover Bootloader options has no effect. Is this related to NVRAM, I wonder.

Ok so within Clover options I have no audio out showing in the chime menu just volume and return. I do however have Audio when my Mac in fully booted. Any idea why I don't have audio out showing at the clover menu? I have AudioDxe-64.efi in both the relevant places.

UPDATE: Ok so to get Clover to show my Audio out options I had to place AudioDxe.efi in the following locations:

‎⁨EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨CLOVER⁩ ▸ ⁨drivers⁩ ▸ ⁨BIOS⁩
‎⁨EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨CLOVER⁩ ▸ ⁨drivers⁩ ▸ ⁨UEFI⁩

I can only hear the audio (scrambled) via the line in, no way to route it by Display Port even though I have 4 AMD audio ports showing in clover.

Last edited:
The sound worked for me when put on test sound. But my Hackintosh audio doesn't work anymore (to be specific the speakers, hdmi worked fine). Since i'm on a laptop i would need the speakers. Any help?

I think I have it all configured correctly (.efi in the right folders, sound.wav in place) The F7 test tone works but I don't hear the chime at either Clover's Boot or at the Apple logo. PlayAsync is set to true.

you should see some debugging info in your boot log via Hackintool or Clover Configurator.

this does not work on a dell Optiplex 9020 usff. the only sound that works is the default clover sound that's it. doesn't matter where the startup wav files are they simply won't play. however watching some Russian osx guy i was able to get the bootchimecfg.efi to work in clover shell on boot and set the volume and actually hear the startup sound but still doesnt work

FYI, in my case, after updating to latest Clover Bootloader (r5112 as of today), it solved the issue that it was just playing the 'crappy' sound instead of the WAV one :)

Thanks! this made my day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back