Contribute
Register

Apple Chime at Startup Added to Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Put AudioDxe.efi on drivers Clover's folder and audio file inside theme folder.

2) Insert at config.plist:
Code:
    <key>GUI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>PlayAsync</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

3) Restart…

4) At Clover GUI, press O to access Options menu.

5) Go to Startup Sound Output.

6) Select an audio device and press F7 key to test:

– If u listen a glitched sound, great!!! Proceed to step 7.

– If u listen nothing, select another audio device and test again.

7) Restart and done!

Hello i am a novice when it comes to editing config.plist, can you be more specific where exactly in the plist do i add "
<key>GUI</key>
<dict>
<key>PlayAsync</key>
<true/>
</dict> " in the config.plist???? I would like to do this but i don't want to mess up anything resulting in a failed boot.

where exactly in the plist do i add

GUI ia secction from config.plist:

Captura de Tela 2019-12-01 às 14.39.56.png

Be sure to use Clover Configurator to avoid mess up and check selected above.

This is great. Thanks to the Clover team for adding this.

Slight issue: I found that if I set the fast boot option in config.plist (i.e so that the Clover GUI does not show) and set PlayAsync to TRUE then the Mac startup chime played on infinite repeat. Easy solution is to set PlayAsync to FALSE as the asynchronous play is only really needed when the GUI appears.

Request: Can the sound level been added to config.plist? It would be nice if all settings are contained in one place.

No success for me, setting PlayAsync in clover configuration to true causes my hack to hang as a black screen even before it even gets to the clover boot loader. with it set to false I get various output option in clover option (a number of HDMI etc) but nothing seems to work for me.

Why can't i find the AudioDxe-64.efi file?

Ahh yeah, it was there, dumb me. It works, kinda funny though, it only plays half a second of the sound.wav twice while it boots up, it doesn't finish playing it.

Edit: I increased the timeout and it now plays the whole thing, but it won’t stop repeating until the boot progress bar starts moving ! I also tried to update to Catalina and it was repeating during the whole installation

Last edited:
Wow...it's true...boldly go were no Mac has gone...before.

1) Put AudioDxe.efi on drivers Clover's folder and audio file inside theme folder.

2) Insert at config.plist:
Code:
    <key>GUI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>PlayAsync</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

3) Restart…

4) At Clover GUI, press O to access Options menu.

5) Go to Startup Sound Output.

6) Select an audio device and press F7 key to test:

– If u listen a glitched sound, great!!! Proceed to step 7.

– If u listen nothing, select another audio device and test again.

7) Restart and done!

Hello,

Sorry im a newb, could i get more of a breakdown of this? as to know were things are?

Hello,

Sorry im a newb, could i get more of a breakdown of this? as to know were things are?

Post #10 shows you were to put the files in your EFI partition:
* Place AudioDxe-64.efi into drivers64 and drivers64UEFI.
* Place sound.wav into your theme folder, for example /EFI/CLOVER/theme/Clovy/.

See: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/apple-chime-at-startup-added-to-clover.277362/post-2036336

Post #24 shows you which box to check in Clover Configurator.

See: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/apple-chime-at-startup-added-to-clover.277362/post-2040069

P.S. I haven't tried this yes, but am collecting notes for a crack at it later. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2019-12-01 às 14.39.56.png
    181.3 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back