Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-DESIGNARE
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I have this card in my Hackintosh and in the beginning, I got great wifi-speeds. I have a 300/300 connection and when I test now I typically get somewhere from 5 to 25 mbit up and down. My MacBook Pro gets full speed testing from the same place.

Any idea how I can troubleshoot this?

I`ve tried to update firmware on my router, tired new channels etc, but since my Macbook gets great results, I guess the issue is my computer.

What are the results you get with Windows/Linux? Similar to macOS?

I don`t know, I have only macOS on my machine. But both my iPhone X and my Macbook Pro gets way better results. Which is pretty surprising since this card is native Mac and therefore should perform just as good...

Does anyone have any experience with USB-dongle for WiFi? I really need to find something that gives me some higher speeds.

The file transfer rate between my local computers from or to my machine with this WiFi card is very slow, compared with my MacBook Pro 15 too. The local transfer rate of the machine is 1 MB/s, and that of MacBook Pro is 10 MB/s. Both the machine and MacBook Pro 15 access the local area network by a same AP (900 MB, 5G, ac).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back