Contribute
Register

Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD and Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The adapter is probably bad, I ordered one a while back that and bluetooth was not detected by windows.

Granted it wasn't the same card and it didn't have a usb connector for the bluetooth or anything special, but when others have working bluetooth and wifi, it's the adapter card or the module not working properly.

Not sure how you would go about verifying which one is the issue, but I would definitely look for a way to be sure they are working as expected.

I'm beating my head against a wall as well, with getting the stock Sierra IO80211Family.kext to work with a different broadcom 4360 card that works fine in 10.10.5, but I know my hardware is good, so I suggest trying a linux live disk to see if it detects the bluetooth to rule out software.

Also from my journey of reading a lot of posts like this, I do believe I remember someone having an issue until they moved the card to an x1 slot.

Hope these thoughts help.

The adapter is probably bad, I ordered one a while back that and bluetooth was not detected by windows.

Granted it wasn't the same card and it didn't have a usb connector for the bluetooth or anything special, but when others have working bluetooth and wifi, it's the adapter card or the module not working properly.

Not sure how you would go about verifying which one is the issue, but I would definitely look for a way to be sure they are working as expected.

I'm beating my head against a wall as well, with getting the stock Sierra IO80211Family.kext to work with a different broadcom 4360 card that works fine in 10.10.5, but I know my hardware is good, so I suggest trying a linux live disk to see if it detects the bluetooth to rule out software.

Also from my journey of reading a lot of posts like this, I do believe I remember someone having an issue until they moved the card to an x1 slot.

Hope these thoughts help.

I've tested it with Windows now.
Both Modules, Wifi and Bluetooth, are listed in the unknown device section of the device manager.
As soon as I disconnect the USB-Connector from the Mainboard, the Bluetooth unknown device disappears.
So, the Adapter seems to work just fine, but Apple ignores the Bluetooth Module completely as if it's not connected.
How is this possible?

I've tested it with Windows now.
Both Modules, Wifi and Bluetooth, are listed in the unknown device section of the device manager.
As soon as I disconnect the USB-Connector from the Mainboard, the Bluetooth unknown device disappears.
So, the Adapter seems to work just fine, but Apple ignores the Bluetooth Module completely as if it's not connected.
How is this possible?

I'm having a similar issue with my wifi card, it is seen, recognized and works in Yosemite perfectly fine, Sierra thinks it should never turn on.

Have you tried Yosemite yet?

RehabMan has pointed out to me an issue with acpi on my Sierra install which seems to be preventing the card from being recognized properly, perhaps your issue is similar.

I would say try moving the card to a different spot.

I'm having a similar issue with my wifi card, it is seen, recognized and works in Yosemite perfectly fine, Sierra thinks it should never turn on.

Have you tried Yosemite yet?

RehabMan has pointed out to me an issue with acpi on my Sierra install which seems to be preventing the card from being recognized properly, perhaps your issue is similar.

I would say try moving the card to a different spot.

Okay, I've some new information on this topic.
Because the Bluetooth-Module won't work, I bought The "USB-Nano Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter with Broadcom BCM20702 Chip Class 2 by GMYLE" recommended by the Buyer's Guide (Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B007MKMJGO/?tag=tonymacx8603-21).

So, with this Nano-Receiver Bluetooth seems to work as soon as I plug it in, but I couldn't connect to a single Bluetooth Device.
I was able to search and find devices. I also was able to pair the devices. After the device was paired to the Nano Receiver, it will be listed as connected for a very short moment, then the connection will break immediately, and I could try to connect the device again.

This is happening every time I'm trying to connect to a Bluetooth-Device.

But then I bought the new Apple Bluetooth Keyboard with Numpad and the new flat keys.

Turned out this Keyboard is working fine, instantly and it stays connected even after rebooting the OS.
The other devices I tried was an iPhone SE and a Logitech Anywhere MX2. Both should be fully compatible with Mac OS just like the Keyboard.

I have no clue how this is possible... Can someone help me?

Because the Bluetooth-Module won't work, I bought The "USB-Nano Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter with Broadcom BCM20702 Chip Class 2 by GMYLE" recommended by the Buyer's Guide (Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B007MKMJGO/?tag=tonymacx8603-21).

So, with this Nano-Receiver Bluetooth seems to work as soon as I plug it in, but I couldn't connect to a single Bluetooth Device.
I was able to search and find devices. I also was able to pair the devices. After the device was paired to the Nano Receiver, it will be listed as connected for a very short moment, then the connection will break immediately, and I could try to connect the device again.

But then I bought the new Apple Bluetooth Keyboard with Numpad and the new flat keys.

Turned out this Keyboard is working fine, instantly and it stays connected even after rebooting the OS.
The other devices I tried was an iPhone SE and a Logitech Anywhere MX2. Both should be fully compatible with Mac OS just like the Keyboard.

Mine can be a bit buggy, I used the hand-off patch and it has worked very well ever since, I have the Fake_PCIID.kext installed from RehabMan, not sure if that is making a difference or not, but you can try the hand-off patch or the kext first to see which one helps the most.

Code:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable Handoff</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>4885C0745C0FB748</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOBluetoothFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>41BE0F000000EB59</data>
</dict>
https://www.hackintosh.computer/162/enable-bluetooth-handoff/

Also make sure it is not plugged into a USB 3 slot, this worked for my GMYLE.

For the iPhone is for sure that you cannot connect it because it never was possible. It doesn't work like Android phones.

So it's not a problem of your usb receiver.

For the iPhone is for sure that you cannot connect it because it never was possible. It doesn't work like Android phones.

So it's not a problem of your usb receiver.

I connected my iPhone to another Mac via Bluetooth to do Bluetooth-Tethering and it worked just fine.
So please, if you don't know anything to do with my problem, don't answer it...
Same thing with my Logitech Anywhere MX2 Mouse and another Bluetooth Keyboard.

I connected my iPhone to another Mac via Bluetooth to do Bluetooth-Tethering and it worked just fine.
So please, if you don't know anything to do with my problem, don't answer it...
Same thing with my Logitech Anywhere MX2 Mouse and another Bluetooth Keyboard.
Whatever...

It's other thing for tethering and other thing to send files etc.

And believe me I know much more things than you.

Yeah, I know that, but both ways it won't work on my Hackintosh, but with a Mac Book it workes just fine, just as I said.
Same thing with my old Android Device.

It's not a problem of the receiver, because the Apple Keyboard works with it. I already knew that.
I'm asking why the Keyboard works, but no other device does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back