Contribute
Register

Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD and Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the very same Problem here.
In addition I bought two Bluetooth Sticks that should work plug and play (Links following) but that don't.. well.. kinda...
The Bluetooth Symbol shows up, I can see devices to connect with, I even can link two devices so it is listed above the others as known devices, but I can't connect. As soon as I try to connect, the loading symbol appears, sometimes there is a code I have to accept (for e.g. iPhone SE), but when I do, the Mac lists the Device as connected for some seconds and then looses connection.
Same thing with Handoff. I can see the Handoff Symbol on the Doc, but as soon as I click on it, it runs in an timeout.
Links:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00C68IQ3C/?tag=tonymacx8603-21
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B007MKMJGO/?tag=tonymacx8603-21 (This one is from the Buyers Guid from this very website, ordered it yesterday.

This card is also from this forum, WiFi works just fine, but the Bluetooth of this Chip isn't even showing up in Mac Informations under USB-Devices or Bluetooth nor elsewhere, it just isn't there.
That's why I got those other two Bluetooth Sticks, that work just fine until a connection should be established.
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

Can someone please help us?

Kind regards,
Kevin van Thiel

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 5.23.48 PM.png

WiFi and Bluetooth both work here using that card.

Last edited:
View attachment 271617

WiFi and Bluetooth both work here using that card.

How did you get that Bluetooth module to work? Is it because you have another Motherboard?
Because I've never seen this Bluetooth-Module working with this Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H.
Or is it because you did something to get the Module to work properly?
Is there anything we don't see?

Just plugged it in, worked since day one with El Cap to 10.12.6 Sierra.

Just plugged it in, worked since day one with El Cap to 10.12.6 Sierra.

Did you plug the PCI-Card into a (small) PCI-Slot or a (large) PCI-Express-Slot? I can't imagine the card is working with some boards, but with others, the BT-Module won't work at all...

Last edited:
PCIe 4x slot (large) with the usb cable attached to internal header on MB (USB 2.0). Has worked since install with no problem, even under windows 10. The Bluetooth will not work without the cable, you might try a different header on the MB.

PCIe 4x slot (large) with the usb cable attached to internal header on MB (USB 2.0). Has worked since install with no problem, even under windows 10. The Bluetooth will not work without the cable, you might try a different header on the MB.

Hmm, maybe it's the PCI-Port... I tried both small PCIx1 slots and both USB 2.0 Header of the MB in any possible variation, but Bluetooth won't work. The second green LED on the PCI-Adapter-Card goes on, thats it, no bluetooth at all and I'm not the only one with this card and bluetooth not working... coincidentally with the very same Motherboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back