1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Classic
  3. Lisa
  4. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
EDIT: I'd suggest to anyone using an Apple BT Module with Lion to look into using the AppleRTC.kext from their SL install if they are having issues with sleep causing a CMOS Reset. it fixed my issue without having to run that Terminal command that is circulating the forum. I'm not saying the terminal command won't work some. Just that I didn't need to use it for my particular build. Good luck!

I found a solution for my bluetooth sleep issues. I put an Apple branded bluetooth module into a small USB hub and it gives me all of my sleep functions without any issues. Only issue was plugging the hub into a port on the MoBo that it liked.

This is what it looks like all apart:
IMG_0373.JPG

All tucked into place:
IMG_0369.JPG

And all buttoned up:
IMG_0375.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 11,636
  • IMG_0375.JPG
    IMG_0375.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 10,764
  • IMG_0369.JPG
    IMG_0369.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 8,915
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips

macaddictcr said:
I found a solution for my bluetooth sleep issues. I put an Apple branded bluetooth module into a small USB hub and it gives me all of my sleep functions without any issues. Only issue was plugging the hub into a port on the MoBo that it liked.

:headbang: Great post- this should be moved to Customization as it's own topic. Ok- done.

Macaddictcr,

It looks like you soldiered the BT connections to the leads of one of the USB ports in the hub. Can you still use that port?

Stork said:
Macaddictcr,

It looks like you soldiered the BT connections to the leads of one of the USB ports in the hub. Can you still use that port?

No, the port will only pass power but no data. Not huge loss when you have a fully supported bluetooth option though :)

Great post ! LIKE !

abimanyug said:
Where can i get the Bluetooth Module??

I found mine online on eBay. I paid $10 for mine. I'd suggest looking for a module that came from the Macbook Pro or Mac Pro systems. Most listings I found included the cable and antenna. Make sure that you get one that includes those items. My module was from a MBP A1211. The USB hub I used was $16 from Best Buy but any hub should work.

Okay. Now we're just awaiting your guide. As I said in the other post, my bt chip is on its way and I'm anxious to get this baby hooked up! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back