Contribute
Register

Apple branded bluetooth module in USB hub - Solved Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sir are a genius :)
This should be added to the main post ;)

Thank's for the flowers. I just was lucky to find that cable in the things I have lying around.
Cheers - Klaus

I have found that if you have a usb header that stays energized even when the computer is turned off... such as on some Asus m/b's used for iphones/smart phone charging these bluetooth modules work more reliably and are available in the bios. I not sure which m/b manufacturers have this feature but my Sabertooth p67 hack has it and i have none of the problems I see mentioned in this thread.

ps I use the voltage regulator method.

I thought I give this mod a go.
Bought two modules off eBay.
Both are A1114 as suggested in this post earlier.
Apple part number on both modules are 820-1829-A
One had white cable connector and came with the cable.
The other module had a black connector and did not come with a cable :(
The connectors on both are different :(
Ah well I will find a solution later for the second mod.

Results:
1. The first build was successful after swapping the Green and Yellow to the USB connector.
2. MAC OS (10.6.8) automatically recognises the bluetooth adapter.
3. I was able to add my Apple Wireless keyboard.
4. I was able to add a motorola mouse and keyboard.
5. After pairing with the keyboard, I can shutdown, powerup and access the BIOS with the Apple wireless keyboard - wow !!
6. With the antenna connected, I can use the keyboard & mouse from a distance of 4m !!! (only 0.5m with no antenna).
7. I can wake from Sleep via the wireless keyboard BUT the keyboard DOES NOT work after waking (errors in kernel.log)
8. I can wake from sleep via the power button and all works fine - connects immediately.

On with the first build:
View attachment 35908View attachment 35911View attachment 35912View attachment 35913
View attachment 35915View attachment 35916View attachment 35917View attachment 35918
View attachment 35919View attachment 35920

Need to fix wake after sleep issue.
ideas please.

Thanks to OP for a great idea.

Mac.

Hi guys, Im just upping this. I also have an identical issue as described with the keyboard not responding on wakeup, but the case power button works. Same mobo.

I hope someone has addressed this issue as the case is on the floor and is a PITA to reach down everytime.
Thank you all!

I found a solution to use the Apple 1181 BT Module and the Apple Wireless Keyboard in the BIOS and the Chameleon menu. :D

Interesting. So you think installing the bootcamp drivers updated the firmware? My unit will wake the computer from sleep and it works perfectly once the system is booted but it doesn't work in the BIOS. I can't rationalize why it will wake the machine up but not work in the BIOS (H77M-Wifi), other than Gigabyte not supporting BT peripherals in the BIOS.

I tried this but I didn't have any luck. Couple of caveats to what I did, that may have been different from your setup.
1) I used a separate machine, as my Mac setup is OSX only.
2) The machine I used was running Windows 8 (32-bit)
3) Because my machine was running in 32bit, I had to use the Bootcamp 4 driver (BC5 is 64bit only).

Either of those things may have provided a different result than what you did. Did anyone else have any luck?

So this works better than soldering it to an internal USB cable (attached to a MB header)? AFAIK that had sleep issues, so this for some reason solves them?

Did anybody get this module working in Windows 7 64Bit? I'm at a loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back