Contribute
Register

Apple branded bluetooth module in USB hub - Solved Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that the machine will remember which was the first port the module was plugged into. I have just discovered mine only works on the one port on the front. Luckily it works perfectly there. Does not work at all on the rear ports but might revisit that with a bit more knowledge of what voltage the rear ports are outputting.

the_gael said:
[quote="D-an-W":2oifwkfb]Mine would only pair with the mouse when plugged into the front of my Lian-Li case.

In the rear ports (Direct to board of course) it worked perfectly first time.

Do you mean it would pair with the mouse but nothing else on the front but worked perfectly on the rear ports?[/quote:2oifwkfb]

Exactly yes, strange I know :confused:

In the rear port(s) I use the Apple Wireless Keyboard, Trackpad and Mouse as well as the LMP Bluetooth Keypad (Attached to my Keyboard) with no Bluetooth related kexts loaded at all.

With all my other BT Dongles I have NEVER been able to wake with the Trackpad (Some I had to turn it off to enable sleep).

the_gael said:
I have the chip wired into a cable just now which is plugged into the front USB port on my Antec 300 case. The motherboard is a GA-X58-USB3 and the headers for the front ports supply 5v. So either ther the Antec front header already takes the voltage down to 3.3v or my Bluetooth chip is a 5v version.

I will try and read the details from my BT chip later. Too small to see just now without a magnifying glass - i think my iphone has an app for that so will check later.

interesting.. any electronics experts explain this? what BT chip did you use and from which apple machine?

the_gael said:
Is it possible that the machine will remember which was the first port the module was plugged into. I have just discovered mine only works on the one port on the front. Luckily it works perfectly there. Does not work at all on the rear ports but might revisit that with a bit more knowledge of what voltage the rear ports are outputting.

Initially, for testing purposes, I had the module spliced into a usb cable and it worked on every usb plug I plugged it into. I know have it spliced into a usb header cable and plugged directly into the motherboard and it's working like normal. So in my situation nothing was remembered and it just worked. It's weird that you're getting this issue. Typically usb is standard 5v so if anything the module is getting too much. How sure are you those ports actually work. Dumb question but I had to ask :p

sumsaykra-z said:
[quote="the_gael":3djncgpq]Is it possible that the machine will remember which was the first port the module was plugged into. I have just discovered mine only works on the one port on the front. Luckily it works perfectly there. Does not work at all on the rear ports but might revisit that with a bit more knowledge of what voltage the rear ports are outputting.

Initially, for testing purposes, I had the module spliced into a usb cable and it worked on every usb plug I plugged it into. I know have it spliced into a usb header cable and plugged directly into the motherboard and it's working like normal. So in my situation nothing was remembered and it just worked. It's weird that you're getting this issue. Typically usb is standard 5v so if anything the module is getting too much. How sure are you those ports actually work. Dumb question but I had to ask :p[/quote:3djncgpq]

Valid question - but brand new board and everything else i.e. USB Hard Drives, USB Storage Keys, USB Webcam... all work.
Agreed, it is strange hence my question about whether the OS stored info on which port the USB Module was associated with.

the_gael said:
[quote="sumsaykra-z":h7tgia10][quote="the_gael":h7tgia10]Is it possible that the machine will remember which was the first port the module was plugged into. I have just discovered mine only works on the one port on the front. Luckily it works perfectly there. Does not work at all on the rear ports but might revisit that with a bit more knowledge of what voltage the rear ports are outputting.

Initially, for testing purposes, I had the module spliced into a usb cable and it worked on every usb plug I plugged it into. I know have it spliced into a usb header cable and plugged directly into the motherboard and it's working like normal. So in my situation nothing was remembered and it just worked. It's weird that you're getting this issue. Typically usb is standard 5v so if anything the module is getting too much. How sure are you those ports actually work. Dumb question but I had to ask :p[/quote:h7tgia10]

Valid question - but brand new board and everything else i.e. USB Hard Drives, USB Storage Keys, USB Webcam... all work.
Agreed, it is strange hence my question about whether the OS stored info on which port the USB Module was associated with.[/quote:h7tgia10]

I have now taken the front panel out of the equation. I created a cable to attach to the USB headers on the board (there are 3 available 10 pin headers - each giving two usb ports) of these the module only works with one USB Port but it no longer sleeps. The one it works with is USB Header 1 and only works on the pins 2,4,6,8. If I connect the cable to any of the other connectors on the board the module is not recognised and this is the same whether I use no diode, 1 diode or 2 diodes. This is where it was connected to via the front panel usb port. My Bluetooth module is A1114

A point to notice which I suspect may be relevant is that on my board the USB Header which works is on F_USB1 which is coloured red and therefore different to the other two headers. The manual explains that only this header can support On/Off Charge should the machine be in S4 or S5 mode. It would make sense to me that this functionality could affect voltages. Maybe I will ask Gigabyte support?

If anyone with electrical expertise can help me understand this it would be greatly appreciated.

kmare said:
Diode method posted - Thanks to Swhay for original diagram.

Yes the green and yellow wires between the Apple and USB cable do crossover

my module arrives (Macbook A1114) but it's different colors???

need help please..

unlediw.jpg

mikeetastic said:
kmare said:
Diode method posted - Thanks to Swhay for original diagram.

Yes the green and yellow wires between the Apple and USB cable do crossover

my module arrives (Macbook A1114) but it's different colors???

need help please..

unlediw.jpg

Green=Positive
Blue=D-
Gray=D+
Black= Ground

sumsaykra-z said:
Green=Positive
Blue=D-
Gray=D+
Black= Ground

.. sorry but i still don't know what to do :lol: where do i solder the diodes?

and on the USB side too? mine came in red, black, white and green..

Thanks for the help.

mikeetastic said:
sumsaykra-z said:
Green=Positive
Blue=D-
Gray=D+
Black= Ground

.. sorry but i still don't know what to do :lol: where do i solder the diodes?

and on the USB side too? mine came in red, black, white and green..

Thanks for the help.

The diodes will go on the positive wires. Take note of the cathode and anode sides.

Red=positive
Black= ground

The other two I'm not quite sure and you may have to test it. Wire everything together soldering the green wire from the USB cable to the data- cable from bt module (blue wire) and the white from the USB cable to the gray of the module, D+. If it works then no further work is required. If not then swap those data wires. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back