Contribute
Register

Apple branded bluetooth module in USB hub - Solved Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
kmare said:
Diode method posted - Thanks to Swhay for original diagram.

Yes the green and yellow wires between the Apple and USB cable do crossover

Thanks for this my Apple Bluetooth module is on the way :)

Just tried this out. Works well, though in a very temporary (haha) case. Unfortunately the dongle doesn't work well in most cases, the aluminum works as a faraday cage.

Laugh all you want at the included picture :D

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 644
Haha. Looks great. I'll post my pics in due time. I haven't had a chance to get around to it.

I hacked mine up to an old Apple USB extension cable, so will work on a normal usb port. Also have some internal headers to female USB so am looking into antennae solutions.

I'll be moving mine into an old mini-dvi -> s-video adapter. Components should fit nicely there!

:headbang:

I just attached mine to a cut off USB cable too initially.

I have some nice Apple USB extension cables and some heat shrink at work so will get it tidied up at the weekend.

Initial tests show all Bluetooth and sleep operations to be flawless with no additional kexts loaded at all, I can even wake clicking the trackpad which is something none of my ( :crazy: NUMEROUS :crazy:) Bluetooth dongles have ever been able to do!

Can those that have them running please test the ability to control Chameleon?

Sweet - managed to fit it all into the adapter! Inside this adapter is an Apple IR receiver too! Works via any USB port.

Just need to pretty up the front (custom cut some tinted perspex), and figure out a way to get the antennae into the USB cable to increase range.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    331 KB · Views: 638
Success - Wake from Sleep fully working with my Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse.

I had ordered diodes and fitted them but for me did not work - removed them i.e. no diodes and it all worked perfectly.

I have the chip wired into a cable just now which is plugged into the front USB port on my Antec 300 case. The motherboard is a GA-X58-USB3 and the headers for the front ports supply 5v. So either ther the Antec front header already takes the voltage down to 3.3v or my Bluetooth chip is a 5v version.

I will try and read the details from my BT chip later. Too small to see just now without a magnifying glass - i think my iphone has an app for that so will check later.

Mine would only pair with the mouse when plugged into the front of my Lian-Li case.

In the rear ports (Direct to board of course) it worked perfectly first time.

D-an-W said:
Mine would only pair with the mouse when plugged into the front of my Lian-Li case.

In the rear ports (Direct to board of course) it worked perfectly first time.

Do you mean it would pair with the mouse but nothing else on the front but worked perfectly on the rear ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back