I7-7700K
Graphics
HD 630 + RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,
So I bough a real apple bluetooth keyboard, and unlike the 10£ copycat, this one has trouble pairing each boot, and can't be used in bios, which I am guessing could be related errors. I have to turn off the keyboard and put it in discovery mode and hold the button while I re-connect for it to work.

Hello,
So I bough a real apple bluetooth keyboard, and unlike the 10£ copycat, this one has trouble pairing each boot, and can't be used in bios, which I am guessing could be related errors. I have to turn off the keyboard and put it in discovery mode and hold the button while I re-connect for it to work.

Generally, bluetooth keyboards don't work in the bios, if the cheap one does, you are lucky and there is no reason the Apple one won't. I would connect a usb keyboard first. Delete the com.apple.bluetooth.plist file in /Library/Preferences. This will reset the bluetooth configuration. Then pair only the Apple bluetooth keyboard and then mouse if needed. The first devices paired are preferred. Also you should have line of sight between the keyboard and bluetooth receiver. Not literally, but you should not have any metal between them like say, a 40lb steel computer case.

it is not a reception issue, as they lie within less than a feet of each other, and given a hid bluetooth adapter, keyboards and mice do work in bios, I am just wondering if there is anyway to switch the keyboard back to hid mode so that it can say hello during post

I gave up trying to use my Apple bluetooth KB. Got a logitech K800 wireless. It works perfectly all the time including boot. I even found a KVM switch that works with the logitech wireless kb and mouse - The Aten CS1784A. It's flawless.

I gave up trying to use my Apple bluetooth KB. Got a logitech K800 wireless. It works perfectly all the time including boot. I even found a KVM switch that works with the logitech wireless kb and mouse - The Aten CS1784A. It's flawless.

It's huge though, and I really like the layout of the apple. Also, a lot of people have it working, so I'd like to figure out how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back