Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi everyone,

Just recently updated to Sierra to 10.12.5.

Everything works fine so far except my bluetooth isnt being recognized. I have a APPLE BCM94360CD card with PCI adapter and it was working perfectly before the update.

Now in the system information there is nothing in the bluetooth section. I did some research and some people were having the bluetooth showing up in USB. I checked that and there is nothing there either.

To make sure the card is still working properly, I booted up in Windows 10 and there are no problems at all.

Is there anything I should look in to? Any advice would be a great help. Let me know if you need any further information.

Last edited:
I'm having a similar problem.

I added my BCM94360CD and then updated to 10.12.5 so that I could make use of my magic pad 2.

Prior to the addition I was using El Capitan with no BCM94360CD.

Wifi is working but not bluetooth

Could this be related to SIP?

I decided to do a little more digging and there was something just underneath my nose the whole time which is very strange.
My ethernet is no longer recognized ( turns out I was using wifi this whole time). Im going to have to check what is going on with that, I wonder if there is a connection though.

Right now in system profile, Ethernet cards reads

iPhone:

Type: USB

BSD name: en3

Kext name: AppleUSBNCM.kext

Im going to have to check this out....

Ok,

I fixed it. I feel so dumb that I didnt check this earlier.

My Athernos kext wasnt showing up in clover so I did some more research and found I just needed to update the kext to V2.2

So all I did was install it with Multibeast and rebooted.

Boom, everything is back to normal.

So there we go. Hope this helps anyone else out there having this strange problem popping up.

Sincerely,

Questor

Hi Gptoyz,

I'm sorry but I dont really know much about sip but do you have the bluetooth showing up in your usb section on your system profile?

sorry for the late reply

I haven't been tinkering with my hackintosh. So sometimes the bluetooth shows up and sometimes it doesn't, it is powered correctly. Right now I have the bluetooth with the horizontal lightning indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back