Contribute
Register

Apple Announces 'One More Thing' Event for November 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at the "Easter Egg" embedded in the announcement. Looks like a Macbook 13" ASi version is on the way.

Last edited:
Rumors point to Mac Books only. I'm mostly interested in seeing what the actual performance points are with ARM CPU's and possibly GPU's. Unfortunately these new machines probably won't actually be available and shipping until well into December, so it'll be a while before we can get some real-world tests.

I am extremely skeptical that ARM GPU's can even come close to what Nvidia and AMD can do. I see them competing more in the Intel XE space -- basically ok for general content streaming/playback, but nowhere as powerful for high-end graphic apps and high-settings video games.

AMD and NVidia both came out swinging with lower prices than ever. PS5 is expected to do the same. Hopefully Apple aims for under $1000 laptops without having to pay the Intel tax, so they're more affordable for your everyday Joe. I may even jump on one myself, especially after my trusty HP died a few days ago...
Mac book air is already 999.00 it was on sale for students @ like 899.

Rumors point to Mac Books only. I'm mostly interested in seeing what the actual performance points are with ARM CPU's and possibly GPU's. Unfortunately these new machines probably won't actually be available and shipping until well into December, so it'll be a while before we can get some real-world tests.
Just look at the 4th gen Ipad Pro since it has the same CPU as that ARM Developer Kit Mac Mini A12Z CPU...

I am extremely skeptical that ARM GPU's can even come close to what Nvidia and AMD can do. I see them competing more in the Intel XE space -- basically ok for general content streaming/playback, but nowhere as powerful for high-end graphic apps and high-settings video games.
I do not think they are trying to complete with Nvidia or AMD yet that is why they are only releasing lower-end models with Apple silicon for the time being.

macOS 10.x with "one more thing" I guess it refers 10+1 macOS 11. I still think there will be macbooks with intel tiger-lake.

macOS 10.x with "one more thing" I guess it refers 10+1 macOS 11. I still think there will be macbooks with intel tiger-lake.

I think there would be a lot of pissed off people if that is what they announced. There are a lot of people waiting for the new Apple Silicon to drop and they said the first products would be released this year. If you are going to name something 1 more thing in November you better not come out in December with another oh yea this is the last thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back