Contribute
Register

Apple Announces 'One More Thing' Event for November 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just guessing there will be products 13" macbook pros with tiger-lake and 12" macbook with first SoC and intel support will last at least 7 years more. Macbook air and iMac with SoC will be delayed to 2021. Personally I'd go with 13" macbook pro tiger-lake for the bootcamp ability and AV1 decode(Sure a14 chips have it too) I hope big sur also will support it as it will support vp9. After the complete transition I'd buy a mac with SoC. I firmly believe that second releases always have big steps more ahead after the first ones. For example Nvdia RTX 20 series was the first capable GPUs of ray tracing but now RTX 3070 is powerful as 2080ti with lower cost.

Just guessing there will be products 13" macbook pros with tiger-lake and 12" macbook with first SoC and intel support will last at least 7 years more. Macbook air and iMac with SoC will be delayed to 2021. Personally I'd go with 13" macbook pro tiger-lake for the bootcamp ability and AV1 decode(Sure a14 chips have it too) I hope big sur also will support it as it will support vp9. After the complete transition I'd buy a mac with SoC. I firmly believe that second releases always have big steps more ahead after the first ones. For example Nvdia RTX 20 series was the first capable GPUs of ray tracing but now RTX 3070 is powerful as 2080ti with lower cost.
Yes, the second-gen is always better but remember the chip they are saying they are going to put in the SOC mac has been in the Ipad for a year in fact the new iPhone chip performers even better. They have been building their own SOC for a long time and they more or less porting MacOS to run on on an Iphone/Ipad processor. Not altering the processor to run macOS. I see the bridge being a bit smaller than the normal expectations.

Let's hope we finally get non burning cpus like intel and working rosetta 2 as expected so we won't be waiting for devs to release new version apps for apple silicon support.

Hummm...one more thing...maybe Big Sur coming

I would guess the current mac Mini can drive that display since it can drive a 5120 x 2880!
The Apple Store says no it cant handle that aspect ratio / resolution.
Maybe they have no clue , lemme do some further research

Specs for current Mac-mini graphics/display resolutions:

Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 19.59.25.png

See the resolutions under the 'Up to two Displays' heading.

I hope they start using ARM cpus in as many laptop models as possible. I am really looking forward to replacing an old 15 Inch 2012 MacBook Pro I use when on the go. It's heavy, uses a lot of battery and on Catalina is always heating up. Definitely could use a 15 Inch ARM powered MacBook Pro, maybe not this time around but hopefully sometime next year. Not really worried about desktop ARM for now, really happy with my OC Big Sur Hackintosh for now, support will last for years, no rush to jump to ARM desktop for now. But I do think ARM laptops are going to be a pretty big thing during the next few years. Lighter, better energy use, good power. Nice.

BTW Big Sur rocks, it feels really good to use.

Do you ever clean the dust out of the inside? Like take the bottom off and clean it out?
Actually I do, every so often I do take the bottom off and give it a good clean, those funny Apple screws, torx 4 or 5. It's an 8GB i7, but heats up a lot, bottom is very hot when I push it a bit and the fans are generally going most of the time. It is fast though.

Actually I do, every so often I do take the bottom off and give it a good clean, those funny Apple screws, torx 4 or 5. It's an 8GB i7, but heats up a lot, bottom is very hot when I push it a bit and the fans are generally going most of the time. It is fast though.

Try Mac fan control app and change the curve maybe... I know that no matter how hard I pushed my mac mini it never really pushed the fan up so I used Mac fan and changed the control points and RPM for the fan and it ran much cooler, albeit much louder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back