Contribute
Register

Apple Announces M1 Ultra CPU, Mac Studio and Studio Display

If the 13900HX is anything like the 12900HX, it's going to need a lot of cooling.

View attachment 559122
Source:https://www.pcmag.com/news/testing-intels-core-i9-hx-is-this-laptop-cpu-an-alder-lake-juggernaut

I don't know how this can even be considered a "mobile" processor.

Also, you have to consider whether or not the apps you use can take advantage of all the cores/threads.
Mobile is prospective… something that can go in a bag and has a screen keyboard and and such to me is mobile. I would not consider it for a “Laptop” but mobile for sure!

Mobile is prospective… something that can go in a bag and has a screen keyboard and and such to me is mobile. I would not consider it for a “Laptop” but mobile for sure!
The word you're looking for is "Portable":

It's more Osborne 1 than MacBook Air...

The word you're looking for is "Portable":

No, actually Mobile was the word I was looking for, thanks. Portable is an entire different level of difficulty. Pretty sure the Apple portable would not fit in my back pack. Maybe a suit case! While the MSI "Laptop" will easily slide into my bag into the special compartment designed for it.

Looks like someone did manage to upgrade the SSD in their Mac Studio.

So many tech blogs/websites just regurgitated what they saw on YouTube (Luke Mani and LTT) and never actually tried or investigated themselves...

Last edited:
...and CostCo is selling the Mac Studio for $1500 and the Ultra for $3200!

Back