Contribute
Register

Apple Announces M1 Ultra CPU, Mac Studio and Studio Display

Hey, it's closer to a cube than the Mini, right? It just needs to be 4 inches taller.
This is another disappointing product reveal by Apple imo, complete letdown, Apple can no longer innovate. If it was a cube it would be on a different level, it looks over weight and dumply!.

Mac Mini Studio at $1999 is really cheap actually. When you compare Z690 hackintosh with an AMD GPU, the GPU itself costs almost $1500. And the the Mac Mini is a lot faster.
I don't think that, the Mac Studio 1999usd has the M1 Max GPU, and that GPU performs like a RX 6600, I have one and I can tell that. The RX 6600 cost like 500/600usd. The RX 6900 XT cost 1500usd and the M1 Ultra suppose to have that level of performance. I think you are a bit confuse... In other hand, with a lot less than 1999usd you can build a hackintosh that performs the same or better. The 10 core Apple Silicon perform lower than a Core i5 12600K, as I said I have a M1 Max and 2 Hackintoshes and I did a lot of testing. In other hand the Max Out M1 Ultra is interesting, but a Hackintosh that performs almost the same (Core i9 12900K, RX 6900 XT 16GB, 128GB RAM DDR5, NVME 2TB Pcie Gen 4) still will have a much lower price for sure!!!

Last edited:
I don't think that, the Mac Studio 1999usd has the M1 Max GPU
IMHO you should replay the stream. What I saw was a Mac Studio advertised with an M1 Max for $1999 and another with a M1 Ultra for $3999.

It looks interesting, but it's really a lot of money for a machine with no user-replaceable components.
Still, if I could afford the version I'd need, I'd probably buy one.

The only parameter I don't like:
Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 11.57.50 AM.jpg

Back