Contribute
Register

Apple Announces "3rd Transition" for macOS: From Intel CPUs to Apple Silicon

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little OT but who is the greatest composer ever ? Not in terms of your opinion or personal favorite, but the one that was the most unique and innovative.
is this using ARM or Intel?

That just means your source of power isn't clean. The car itself is cleaner than cars using combustion engines.

Just because you shift the pollution somewhere else does not make it clean. It is like manufacturing shipped off to China so that America can be clean the world is still being polluted. So the reality is it is not better for the environment.

P.S. many new combustion engines put out almost zero emissions.

Last edited:
Just because you shift the pollution somewhere else does not make it clean. It is like manufacturing shipped off to China so that America can be clean the world is still being polluted. So the reality is it is not better for the environment.

P.S. many new combustion engines put out almost zero emissions.

If you charge your Tesla with solar or wind, you won't be shifting pollution anywhere.

If you charge your Tesla with solar or wind, you won't be shifting pollution anywhere.

Let's not play the what IF game since we know most people do not charge it that way. And lets not even talk about the damage to the environment caused by extracting lithium. Don't get me wrong I do not dislike Tesla, I just know that it is not the clean people think that it is. Also power walls are costly without them you can not charge your Tesla at night when most people would be charging them.

Last edited:
Let's not play the what IF game since we know most people do not charge it that way. And lets not even talk about the damage to the environment caused by extracting lithium. Don't get me wrong I do not dislike Tesla, I just know that it is not the clean people think that it is. Also power walls are costly without them you can not charge your Tesla at night when most people would be charging them.

Whether owners use clean or dirty energy to charge their Teslas is on them. That doesn't change the fact that Teslas cars themselves produce less pollution than cars using combustion engines.

There are homes powered by sun, wind, and/or nuclear. They exist. This is not an IF scenario. People living in these homes who charge their Teslas in their garage will have a car that produces less pollution than a car with a gas engine and no pollution will be shifted.

Whether owners use clean or dirty energy to charge their Teslas is on them. That doesn't change the fact that Teslas cars themselves produce less pollution than cars using combustion engines.

There are homes powered by sun, wind, and/or nuclear. They exist. This is not an IF scenario. People living in these homes who charge their Teslas in their garage will have a car that produces less pollution than a car with a gas engine and no pollution will be shifted.

When the tesla is charged more by clean power then they are by dirty power cool your argument has some legs till then it is just smoke. The batteries are seriously toxic and require a huge amount of resources and recycling that requires more resources. The TESLA is only clean at the tailpipe everything else about it is dirty. And yes even after it is charged by clean power the Tailpipe dirt is just shifted to the battery dirt.

The tesla does two really good things it saves you money each month and it lets you drive in the Carpool lane solo!

PS if you think nuclear is clean ask Chernobyl or Fukushima and to a lesser extent 3-mile island. The process to make the power is clean but the fuel is not clean to manufacture, and accidents are catastrophic on the environment.

Last edited:
Do you really think that all the plastic and steel used in a Tesla was produced using clean power?

I don't believe it's any worse than how other cars are produced.

I agree but I bet there are a lot of Tesla owners who don't realize that or ignore that fact when touting their "clean" cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back