Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I think this closes the loop on non-T2 macs. As long as that doesn't become a requirement it should be a new profile to use.

With today's announcement of Intel-based iMac and iMac Pro, I think the Hackintosh community is pretty safe for at least the next 5-6 years (but likely even longer)!

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I think this closes the loop on non-T2 macs.

Apple said:
The 27‑inch iMac now features a 1080p FaceTime HD camera and a studio-quality three-mic array. And the T2 chip acts in concert with the speakers to enable variable EQ and an enhanced bass response, so all your content can have big, balanced high-fidelity sound.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270M-D3H
CPU
i3-7350K OC 4.5GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As of now we are good with Big Sur as it runs on non-T2 macs. If they change that in the future we have some difficulty but good for a while.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As of now we are good with Big Sur as it runs on non-T2 macs. If they change that in the future we have some difficulty but good for a while.
we should be fine for a few more years

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270M-D3H
CPU
i3-7350K OC 4.5GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I think so. Even if they go aggressively we likely have 3 years till it's a different thing. And who knows what that looks like.

we should be fine for a few more years

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I think so. Even if they go aggressively we likely have 3 years till it's a different thing. And who knows what that looks like.
a lot of peeps are going crazy saying this is the end, it may be, but we don't know until if or when it happens

also, things change a lot in hackintosh, there may also be a way to "Fake" the CPU like we can with Pentium Processors... again, just speculation

everyone just needs to calm down, relax and enjoy what we do have and worry when there is something to worry about

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
also, things change a lot in hackintosh, there may also be a way to "Fake" the CPU like we can with Pentium Processors... again, just speculation

A Pentium is still an x86 chip so you can fake it because the CPU still processes x86 instruction set. However, what can be done is to emulate the ARM instruction set to allow it to work on x86 to process ARM instructions. Emulation is how it was done 15 years ago albeit the hardware stack was very limited. Like you had to use a creative sound card, a good Diamond MM card generally worked for video and a USR modem to dial-up to the internet. Back then I was a windows guy but the challenge of getting Mac OS to run on PC hardware in a DOS emulator excited me. The move to apple silicon is more like a molehill, rather then the mountain people are making out it.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 UD
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here is some info on the Apple Silicone GPU: "Codenamed "Lifuka," the self-developed GPU to feature in the Apple Silicon powered ‌iMac‌ will be produced using TSMC's 5-nanometer manufacturing process, and will offer better performance and be more energy efficient than the Intel processor it replaces."

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
Coffelake Intel® Core™ i7-8700K Processor
Graphics
integrated
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hi

I believe there will be desktop class ARM processors in the market in a few years.
There are ARM server processors being designed by Amazon, Google and the likes and companies like Ampere.
Now with ARM being part of NVIDIA, we should definitely see some Gaming based chipset based on a capable ARM CPU and Nvidia Graphics.

The new MacOS can hopefully be ported to these desktops...

The alternative is to have a distro of Linux which has as solid and robust as MacOS, which is not impossible if the ARM-Nividia ecosystem evolves well.

I am also predicting RISC-V and AMD coming together some day or RISCV and Imagination... The new battles will have more players than the current 2 (Intel,AMD) so it will be great for the end users in the next 5-10 years.

G