Contribute
Register

Apple Announces "3rd Transition" for macOS: From Intel CPUs to Apple Silicon

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the tesla is charged more by clean power then they are by dirty power cool your argument has some legs till then it is just smoke. The batteries are seriously toxic and require a huge amount of resources and recycling that requires more resources. The TESLA is only clean at the tailpipe everything else about it is dirty. And yes even after it is charged by clean power the Tailpipe dirt is just shifted to the battery dirt.

The tesla does two really good things it saves you money each month and it lets you drive in the Carpool lane solo!

PS if you think nuclear is clean ask Chernobyl or Fukushima and to a lesser extent 3-mile island. The process to make the power is clean but the fuel is not clean to manufacture, and accidents are catastrophic on the environment.

There's no free lunch, but I would look forward to:
  1. No more gas.
  2. No more oil changes.
  3. No belts to fail.
  4. No head gasket to fail.
  5. No spark plugs to fail.
  6. No radiator to fail.
  7. No alternator to fail.
  8. No ignition coil to fail.
  9. No water pump to fail.
  10. No transmission to service or replace.
  11. No fuel filter.
  12. No fuel injectors.
  13. No air or vacuum lines.
  14. No fluid lines (IIRC).
  15. No power steering fluid.
  16. No transmission fluid.
  17. No catalytic converter to fail.
  18. No muffler to fail.
  19. No tail pipe emissions
  20. They're snappier. ;)
The future is probably electric. But it can't happen in the US until the power grid is overhauled. Infrastructure updates are considered "boring" to most people, especially those who wouldn't even consider building their own computer.

There's no free lunch,

That depends on where you work! :)

1. No more gas.
  2. No more oil changes.
  3. No belts to fail.
  4. No head gasket to fail.
  5. No spark plugs to fail.
  6. No radiator to fail.
  7. No alternator to fail.
  8. No ignition coil to fail.
  9. No water pump to fail.
  10. No transmission to service or replace.
  11. No fuel filter.
  12. No fuel injectors.
  13. No air or vacuum lines.
  14. No fluid lines (IIRC).
  15. No power steering fluid.
  16. No transmission fluid.
  17. No catalytic converter to fail.
  18. No muffler to fail.

I have never owned a combustion engine car long enough for those items to go out. I doubt that I will Own the Telsa long enough for any of those items to go out if it had them. :) Cars have come somewhat disposable.

Related, how the music creators see this :

Related, how the music creators see this :

Yeah, that's a fun site with a lot of experience and talent giving honest opinions. Regarding that, I doubt Avid will be ready for Big Sur until mid 2021 –they're never ready. Avid won't support Apple Silicon until 2023, or they may bail altogether. Even though there's no reason Pro Tools and pro DAW interfaces couldn't run on an average iPad, except perhaps no port for the iLok dongle. :lolno:

Regarding forward shots and villas in the historic center where you live well, reading here and there (a bit casually) I thought I could add an element that I was missing to something that I already knew for a long time and that surely everyone they know in general how it was for me. In practice, the fundamental and new element that I read is that it seems that (source MIT) the marketing of processors with silicene and graphene technology is possible in a couple of years.
If this is really the case (I have always considered that they were on the threshold of science fiction, instead two years are like tomorrow) we can say that we are on the threshold of a transition comparable with what occurred in the transition from vacuum tubes to semiconductor junctions. An event that would decay all current discussions on nanometers, efficiency and architecture at the level of small skirmishes with poor perspective vision.
This provides food for thought on the fact that those who can afford a villa in the historic center, maybe even allow themselves to study in the best universities where the real future is looked at with more practical and concrete attention and the present is looked at with a more top to bottom and perhaps presents problems in which, having a more concrete consideration of the "near" future, it is not convenient to get involved and spend resources.
Who knows if there is not a keen eye from the villa in the center to the chasing group, where the numbers are large, rather than at the head of the race where there are always few if not alone and at the same time a concrete job of athletic preparation for the predominance in the race of the "imminent" season up?
After all, it is not a race in which the winner comes first, but who takes the scepter of the "standard" and therefore on the threshold of the finish line you can also decide to pass ahead those who can not take more detachment and get to the "standard" anyway .
If that imminent is the truth, the key to deciphering everything is different ...

Before anyone thinks I'm cheering for Intel, I admit that this is a very imaginative view of a scenario and that it has a degree of probability of being real in single-digit percentages, because technologically a similar jump would require an adjustment of all the hardware based on current materials, but since we have seen AMD consumer processors born and we have seen them grow exponentially in just three years to get where they are now (although it should not make much sense, given the "decadence" of architecture and this it makes one think about how real that decline is), everything can be expected, including the achievement of the "standard" by efficient architectures for a short time before the advent of the radical change mentioned above with the consequent further revolution.
By now they have become so fast that despite being giants it seems that they are small prototyping companies.

Yeah, that's a fun site with a lot of experience and talent giving honest opinions. Regarding that, I doubt Avid will be ready for Big Sur until mid 2021 –they're never ready. Avid won't support Apple Silicon until 2023, or they may bail altogether. Even though there's no reason Pro Tools and pro DAW interfaces couldn't run on an average iPad, except perhaps no port for the iLok dongle. :lolno:

Better question why does there software always break so badly?

Regarding forward shots and villas in the historic center where you live well, reading here and there (a bit casually) I thought I could add an element that I was missing to something that I already knew for a long time and that surely everyone they know in general how it was for me. In practice, the fundamental and new element that I read is that it seems that (source MIT) the marketing of processors with silicene and graphene technology is possible in a couple of years.
If this is really the case (I have always considered that they were on the threshold of science fiction, instead two years are like tomorrow) we can say that we are on the threshold of a transition comparable with what occurred in the transition from vacuum tubes to semiconductor junctions. An event that would decay all current discussions on nanometers, efficiency and architecture at the level of small skirmishes with poor perspective vision.
This provides food for thought on the fact that those who can afford a villa in the historic center, maybe even allow themselves to study in the best universities where the real future is looked at with more practical and concrete attention and the present is looked at with a more top to bottom and perhaps presents problems in which, having a more concrete consideration of the "near" future, it is not convenient to get involved and spend resources.
Who knows if there is not a keen eye from the villa in the center to the chasing group, where the numbers are large, rather than at the head of the race where there are always few if not alone and at the same time a concrete job of athletic preparation for the predominance in the race of the "imminent" season up?
After all, it is not a race in which the winner comes first, but who takes the scepter of the "standard" and therefore on the threshold of the finish line you can also decide to pass ahead those who can not take more detachment and get to the "standard" anyway .
If that imminent is the truth, the key to deciphering everything is different ...

Before anyone thinks I'm cheering for Intel, I admit that this is a very imaginative view of a scenario and that it has a degree of probability of being real in single-digit percentages, because technologically a similar jump would require an adjustment of all the hardware based on current materials, but since we have seen AMD consumer processors born and we have seen them grow exponentially in just three years to get where they are now (although it should not make much sense, given the "decadence" of architecture and this it makes one think about how real that decline is), everything can be expected, including the achievement of the "standard" by efficient architectures for a short time before the advent of the radical change mentioned above with the consequent further revolution.
By now they have become so fast that despite being giants it seems that they are small prototyping companies.

I've been waiting 20 years for Carbon Nanotube tech to trickle down.
I thought that it was the same as Graphene, but apparently not.
I am interested in how all of this will slide into the idea of The War on General Purpose Computing –whatever the current state.

I think this closes the loop on non-T2 macs. As long as that doesn't become a requirement it should be a new profile to use.

With today's announcement of Intel-based iMac and iMac Pro, I think the Hackintosh community is pretty safe for at least the next 5-6 years (but likely even longer)!

I think this closes the loop on non-T2 macs.

Apple said:
The 27‑inch iMac now features a 1080p FaceTime HD camera and a studio-quality three-mic array. And the T2 chip acts in concert with the speakers to enable variable EQ and an enhanced bass response, so all your content can have big, balanced high-fidelity sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back