Contribute
Register

Apple Announces "3rd Transition" for macOS: From Intel CPUs to Apple Silicon

Status
Not open for further replies.
35,744 times approximately 30 NT dollars per US dollar = NT$1.07T

Yup.

At any rate, I don't think they would bleed cash manufacturing chips for Apple. They currently have a better process node than Intel.

Yup.

At any rate, I don't think they would bleed cash manufacturing chips for Apple. They currently have a better process node than Intel.
Agreed. TSMC is the powerhouse in semiconductor manufacturing. In my view they've overtaken Samsung, but Samsung is still very strong.

Agreed. TSMC is the powerhouse in semiconductor manufacturing. In my view they've overtaken Samsung, but Samsung is still very strong.

I think Samsung is trying hard to catch up. My issue with Samsung is quality...

I think Samsung is trying hard to catch up. My issue with Samsung is quality...
If you and CaseySJ want to see a really interesting video, see the "How Big is Samsung" video on the Cold Fusion YT channel. They do so many different things that you'd never imagine they are involved with. IMO they are much too diversified and that makes their product quality suffer.

Here's a few examples of their business diversity:

Screen Shot 30.jpg

If you and CaseySJ want to see a really interesting video, see the "How Big is Samsung" video on the Cold Fusion YT channel. They do so many different things that you'd never imagine they are involved with. IMO they are much too diversified and that makes their product quality suffer.

Here's a few examples of their business diversity:

View attachment 481400
Yes, one of the zaibatsus of S. Korea.

Btw, rumors have it that Nvidia may be interested in buying ARM holdings from Softbank.

Btw, rumors have it that Nvidia may be interested in buying ARM holdings from Softbank.
I'm not surprised after the spanking Softbank took on WeWork.

Well folks, It's been fun. But won't be putting any more money into Hackintoshes going forward. Just doesn't make a lot of sense. I have 2 i9's. I feel bad for all of the people that just went out and bought 20-30K Mac Pros. IDK it just seems like a dick move on apples part. I mean I guess they can make these CPU on a socket of some type so that they can be put into a motherboard where people can add and remove ram. Pro users are never going to buy desktops that don't have the ability to swap parts. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Don't feel bad.. I've made over 100K with my MacPro the in the last 6 months. You can carry on swapping CPUs until the sockets change. and will have a 6+ years life span which is fine for a work machine. They will support The Intel OS until then.

The way MacOS is setup now its actually pretty processor independent. There iOS and MacOS are basically the same. Same with Metal - could run on any hardware they choose.

They would need about 6 x A12Z Chips to match the current maxed out 28 Core Mac Pro - Probably completely achievable the way they are scaling the cores now anyway. And in the 2 years when they release the MacPro Apple Silicon - I am sure it will be functionally the same as the current one ( with Newer tech like PCIE4 and TB4 )

The PowerPC to Intel was transfer was fine for me... and this one already looks to be super slick - Rosetta2 looks super efficient - But Dual native apps are really simple to do for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back