Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
(I posted this in networking because the problem is directly networking-related. Mods, feel free to move it if I'm wrong.)

I use an Asus PCE-N13 WiFi-N PCIe card (with a Ralink chipset) to connect to the Internet on my Hackintosh. Ralink provides drivers for OS X, but they make the card show up as an ethernet device.

Normally, this is fine. But it seems that the App Store looks for built-in ethernet when you try to sign in, and to OS X, my computer has two ethernet cards. I've tried to disable the onboard Realtek ethernet and set the Ralink card as built-in, but OS X isn't fooled so easily.

Seeing as Mac software is moving to the App Store, and a good handful of apps I want/need are only available there, this is a big problem for me. Has anyone got any ideas or advice for me? I already tried the EthernetBuiltIn boot.plist trick and deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist.

I'm having a similar problem. I haven,t been able to get my on board ethernet working, so no App Store for me.

Tried Lnx2Mac's drivers, the other Realtek driver and am using a DSDT. OSX doesn't seem to be detecting my ethernet card in System Utilities. Mobo in sig.

I think you have a seperate problem. My Ethernet works just fine, but I can't run a cable to my desktop. WiFi is a necessity for me. I suggest you start your own thread. ;)

Also trying to get the App Store working, though :/ This thread was helpful--I had no idea it was because I don't have on-board ethernet working (thanks!)

Are you getting the GUID error as well?

I'll start my own thread :] Thanks!

have same problem, need to use wlan card for nternet which is not recognized as built in. were you able to make it show up as built in?

soren121 said:
Not yet :/
had some progress on this thing. got my card recognized as built in, still have to do some work on this and i'll let you know how i did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back