GeForce GTS 250
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, i was wondering if anyone can help me,

I am unable to sign into the App Store with the "this computer could not be verified error"

I have tried literally everything, changing the serial number, making sure the network was set to en0 and that.

I have read a thread saying that the PCIRootUID had to be set to 1 to be able to sign into the app store, i have tried booting with the bootflag PCIRootUID=1 but it doesn't seem to be working, in IORegExplorer it shows the PCIRootUID to be 0 even though using the 1 bootflag.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R with a Q6600 CPU.

Many thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 18.09.24.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 18.09.24.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 18.08.55.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 18.08.55.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 136
hiya i have just tried this and the same error occurs.

many thanks

edit: i think it has something to do with the pcirootuid being set to 0 instead of 1, but the bootflag doesn't change it

PCIRootUID=1 is the default setting. Some older builds need to use PCIRootUID=0 to boot. You can either make the change manually or use MultiBeast before rebooting.

I would use PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=Yes with your hardware. Are you using Mac Pro or iMac system definition? If some things indicate iMac and others indicate Mac Pro 3,1, then you will need to fix that too - cause otherwise you will have issues with the App Store on that point too.

Yes, my system definition is set to Mac Pro 3,1 just initially when i set up my hackintosh it had a iMac system definition and the name of my computer is still set to iMac.

I have tried booting with PCIRootUID=0 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes and the App Store still isn't working.

Many thanks

Edit: Just thought I'd add that I can sign into iCloud fine under System Preferences.

I am using the Clover bootloader which is included in the latest version of multibeast and i am using OS X El Capitan 10.11.3, i have also tried Chimera on Yosemite and the same issue occurs.

Many thanks

Yes, my system definition is set to Mac Pro 3,1 just initially when i set up my hackintosh it had a iMac system definition and the name of my computer is still set to iMac.

When you changed your system definition from iMac to MacPro did you change all of the SMBIOS info too, or are you running a MacPro with an iMac serial number etc ?

I have tried changing the serial number to a legit Mac Pro 3,1 and the same issue occurred

Many thanks

I have tried changing the serial number to a legit Mac Pro 3,1 and the same issue occurred

There is much more to the system definition than just the serial number.

Wand.png

Use a tool like the Magic Wand in CloverConfigurator to correctly generate the required information.

Also check that your Ethernet interface is set to en0 and BuiltIn :

149396-dpcimanager.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back