Contribute
Register

App Store Login Error Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheetaa said:
Thanks a loooot! I thought I would go crazy with the app store...
The 1st method worked for me too!
1.<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
:beachball: running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on a ACER Ferrari 5005 Laptop :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now my next target: Make run Realtek ALC883 audio controler and Broadcom NetLink BCM5788 wired ethernet. Here we go.

:thumbup: :thumbup: Not to mention. You're welcome.

Thank you so much for your method 2 which has worked for me with Lion 10.7.2.

madiden said:
Thank you so much for your method 2 which has worked for me with Lion 10.7.2.

You're welcome. :thumbup:

Mak 1 said:
Method - 1
Add these arguments to your org.chameleon.boot.plist (com.apple.boot.plist) in Root/Extra folder.
*arguments must be written between <dict> </dict>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

-Then reboot.

OK, just did this to org.chameleon.Boot.plist and now my fans are running high. If I delete the modified .plist file and put the old one back in its place in Extra, the fan runs normally (i.e., quiet). I don't understand how this is possible.

Also, since doing this, my computer takes 4 minutes to boot - from an SSD - even with the old .plist file. Before all this it took about 45 seconds to boot.

I am able to access the App Store with the new .plist file but not with the old .plist file. In addition, the new .plist file makes iTunes Store think I have a new computer and I have to reauthorize it. I'm at 5 now, so I'll have first deauthorize with the old .plist file, then reauthorize with the new one once I get the fan issue figured out.

I copied "Bioshock" from my MacBook Pro onto my hackintosh and it will run with the modified .plist but with the older .plist it crashes.

I'm running 10.6.8 on my Gigabyte board with R1000SL ethernet and a 5870 video card with 2 gb of vRAM.

Connie Mac said:
Ugghhh... No suggestions?
It wierd that you have a fan issue with that, but you can try PciRoot instead of PciRootUID. I keep on search on it. And i think bioshock is crashing because your NIC is not recognized as Integrated. You can try to install Lnx2Mac s driver from the link. Make sure you read the instructions on the site. Good luck. :thumbup:

Thanks MAK1 for starting this thread. I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 64bit. I thought I already have a working 100% hack until I tried to download apps from the App Store. I am connecting to the internet using my Linksys 600N USB wifi adapter Ver.2.
I tried Method #1 and Method #2 in the first post but it didn't work. The only option left was to go with Method #3. But there's one more thing getting me scared to do it: I have a graphics EFI string injected in my org.chaemeon.boot.plist and it will conflict with the ethernet EFI string. So I did more research and found this thread started by pcwiz:

and I used it as reference guide. I've read that I have to merge my gfx string and the ethernet string and make one EFI string and put that as the deviceID string in my org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Here's how I did it:

-I opened up EFI Studio, on the 'Select Device' field I selected 'Ethernet' and clicked 'Add Device'. Then clicked 'Save XML. A untitled.plist file was saved on my desktop. Then I opened it with Text Edit. Just open it for now.

-Next I opened up OSX86 Tools to generate my custom Asus GeForce EN210 graphics string, since it is not available in the selection. I then copied not the series of numbers below but I copied the one above it, Then pasted that entry on the untitled.plist that I opened earlier.

-To merge both entries, I followed the guide by Bit Shoveler in post # 6 here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114349
then I saved it and closed Text Edit. Just follow the format and it should be good.

I downloaded gfxUtil here:
http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,64.0.html
and extracted it on my desktop.

I opened up Terminal and typed in the following command:

Code:
cd /Desktop

gfxutil -i xml -o hex untitled.plist ethernet.hex

mv /Desktop/ethernet.hex ethernet.txt

I then saw an ethernet.txt file on my desktop. This file contains the hex string for my gfx and ethernet. I copied that as the string for the deviceID in my org.chameleon.boot.plist. I also deleted the PCIRootUID=1 entry in there and then I saved the file and closed Text Edit..

I then deleted com.apple.network.identification.plist and networkInterfaces.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. I also deleted all the network profiles in Network System Preferences. I ran Kext Utility and rebooted and crossed my fingers and hope that I will see my desktop again. :(

I did saw my desktop again, yehey! :lol: :headbang: I fired up Network Preferences in System Preferences and I manually add ethernet by clicking the '+' sign. I was really happy to see 'Ethernet' (no en0, no en1, no 'Ethernet Adaptor'). I know it will work. I plugged in my USB WiFi Adapter and Network Preferences automatically detected it. I just clicked "Apply" and I got internet connection again. I tried logging in App Store and it worked!

Hi Mak 1 and thanks for this trick :wave:

Just fixed App Store & iCloud login with method 3 on my Hackintosh :thumb up:
Now, I know I can update from Leopard to Lion with full functionality once I have a new GPU (ATI 6870 on the way...) :thumbup:

iPinas said:
Thanks MAK1 for starting this thread. I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 64bit. I thought I already have a working 100% hack until I tried to download apps from the App Store. I am connecting to the internet using my Linksys 600N USB wifi adapter Ver.2.
I tried Method #1 and Method #2 in the first post but it didn't work. The only option left was to go with Method #3. But there's one more thing getting me scared to do it: I have a graphics EFI string injected in my org.chaemeon.boot.plist and it will conflict with the ethernet EFI string. So I did more research and found this thread started by pcwiz:

and I used it as reference guide. I've read that I have to merge my gfx string and the ethernet string and make one EFI string and put that as the deviceID string in my org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Here's how I did it:

-I opened up EFI Studio, on the 'Select Device' field I selected 'Ethernet' and clicked 'Add Device'. Then clicked 'Save XML. A untitled.plist file was saved on my desktop. Then I opened it with Text Edit. Just open it for now.

-Next I opened up OSX86 Tools to generate my custom Asus GeForce EN210 graphics string, since it is not available in the selection. I then copied not the series of numbers below but I copied the one above it, Then pasted that entry on the untitled.plist that I opened earlier.

-To merge both entries, I followed the guide by Bit Shoveler in post # 6 here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114349
then I saved it and closed Text Edit. Just follow the format and it should be good.

I downloaded gfxUtil here:
http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,64.0.html
and extracted it on my desktop.

I opened up Terminal and typed in the following command:

Code:
cd /Desktop

gfxutil -i xml -o hex untitled.plist ethernet.hex

mv /Desktop/ethernet.hex ethernet.txt

I then saw an ethernet.txt file on my desktop. This file contains the hex string for my gfx and ethernet. I copied that as the string for the deviceID in my org.chameleon.boot.plist. I also deleted the PCIRootUID=1 entry in there and then I saved the file and closed Text Edit..

I then deleted com.apple.network.identification.plist and networkInterfaces.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. I also deleted all the network profiles in Network System Preferences. I ran Kext Utility and rebooted and crossed my fingers and hope that I will see my desktop again. :(

I did saw my desktop again, yehey! :lol: :headbang: I fired up Network Preferences in System Preferences and I manually add ethernet by clicking the '+' sign. I was really happy to see 'Ethernet' (no en0, no en1, no 'Ethernet Adaptor'). I know it will work. I plugged in my USB WiFi Adapter and Network Preferences automatically detected it. I just clicked "Apply" and I got internet connection again. I tried logging in App Store and it worked!

Thanks for posting this. I was using an EFI string for my EN210 as well, and like Mak said, it causes ethernet issues. Using EFIStudio, as you have said, does not allow you to select the Geforce 210 - so I was stuck. I could either have: 1) Use Graphics Enabler = Yes instead of the EFI string which would result in some video lag in Plex menus and Launchpad (although HD video always worked fine regardless), but the App Store (and TeamViewer) would work, OR 2) Use EFI string (as I am now), have no video lag but also no App Store or Teamviewer.

I'm at work at the moment, but am hoping to try your solution upon returning home tonight or maybe dealing with it over the weekend. Watch your PM box, I'm sure to have questions! Haha!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back