Contribute
Register

App Store Login Error Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the App Store working before, now it doesn't. iCloud has never worked, neither has FaceTime. Just installed the latest Chimera (1.6.0), installed Lnx2Mac's network driver, followed all the other instructions to the letter, everything short of sacrificing a chicken during a full moon...nada, zilch, zip, zero, air, goose eggs, 86, ace, big fat 0, bupkis.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Mak 1 said:
jester969 said:
I am stoked!!! Now if I could only get my machine to run in 64bit. :think:

Thanks :thumbup: :thumbup: . Why are you running the machine in 32 bit mode?

I had issues with changing screen resoultions, chose 32 bit boot screen and got fully accelerated card working. I might try to see if I can get 64 bit going because I cannot see any 32 or 64 bit in software system profiler. It just says no. :(

Here is my issue on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14659&start=10

Trying to get a back up HD on eBay for cheap before messing around MB again.

I believe the root cause for most people is the network adapter not being recognized as being built it. For some strange reason my iCloud worked the very first time I installed 10.7.2, then none of my other installs worked. I had been playing around with those efi strings so it's possible I accidentally injected it.

I would like to hear from someone who's having issues who networkinterface.plist is set to true.

tylervalo said:
I believe the root cause for most people is the network adapter not being recognized as being built it. For some strange reason my iCloud worked the very first time I installed 10.7.2, then none of my other installs worked. I had been playing around with those efi strings so it's possible I accidentally injected it.

I would like to hear from someone who's having issues who networkinterface.plist is set to true.

It depends on the method. There are many ways like EthernetBuiltIn=yes, EFI stings fix, and DSDT inject. All of them is for making the NIC to be recognized as Built in. My method is Latest Lnx2mac driver (Always necessary) + EthernetBuiltIn=yes, Built-in is true at me. Sometimes they may conflict if you use 3 of them at the same time, or 2 of them. You just need to try different sort. There're 3 options 6 possibilities in this case. Finding it costs you a little time, and in this period you get learn 6 more things. :thumbup:

Interesting...you have the same mobo I do. Ethernetbuiltin, yes didn't work for me though? Are u using a dsdt? Could you upload it if you are?

tylervalo said:
Interesting...you have the same mobo I do. Ethernetbuiltin, yes didn't work for me though? Are u using a dsdt? Could you upload it if you are?

My DSDTis heavily modified, and may cause you issues. but heres the Lan0 patch:
I used App called DSDTEditor to apply the patch. If you don't know how to do it, i can give you more tips. and this is where i got them from: http://olarila.com/forum/patches.php

Code:
# Insert device LAN0 into device with _ADR 0x001C0002
#
into device name_adr Zero parent_adr 0x001C0002 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x001C0002 insert
begin
Device (LAN0)\n
{\n
    Name (_ADR, Zero)\n
    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        Store (Package (0x04)\n