Contribute
Register

App Store Login Error Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
acentoni said:
Mak 1 said:
Probably it is.
And how about the path for your original boot.plist . do you know where it is?
If you know the working boot.plist s path its good news?

I copied the entire "Extra" folder to my thumb drive before I changed it. But I don't know how to replace the current one with it unless I can access my desktop/system.

Do you have Windows installation?

No. Only Mac OS X 10.7.2

Success!!! You Guys Rock... yeah, for some strange reason, you have to have Ethernet configured, I was having problems because of my Atheros AR8151 chip on my GA-H61-USB3-B3 wasnt recognized, and since I connect by WiFi, I was ignoring it, however, the store only worked until I installed with the Kexts.com kext, rebooted, recognized, deleted network services and added both Ethernet and WiFi!

You Guys Rock!!! :headbang:

Now If only I could sort the sleep BIOS reset problem, this thing would be a perfect Hackintosh!

Cheers!!!

I tried all three methods with no luck but turned to this thread and had success setting up iCloud:

viewtopic.php?p=219319#p219319

Now I can't get applications to load. Appears to be an issue with my Frame Buffer, which has been had been working fine under 10.7.1 as "Vervet"

After upgrading to 10.7.2 I discovered I couldn't open EVE Online (would hang while loading) or DVD Player (instant crash). I tried replacing "Vervet" with "Flicker" among other weird words to no avail.

Returning to a 10.7.1 clone until further notice. Any ideas?

Ankleshanker said:
I tried all three methods with no luck but turned to this thread and had success setting up iCloud:

viewtopic.php?p=219319#p219319

Now I can't get applications to load. Appears to be an issue with my Frame Buffer, which has been had been working fine under 10.7.1 as "Vervet"

After upgrading to 10.7.2 I discovered I couldn't open EVE Online (would hang while loading) or DVD Player (instant crash). I tried replacing "Vervet" with "Flicker" among other weird words to no avail.

Returning to a 10.7.1 clone until further notice. Any ideas?

First of all this thread is not a iCloud solution. Always rely on issue specific posts first.
-Confirm that you have installed latest Lnx2mac network driver.
-If not get it here and install. Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81xx Driver. Download the RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90.pkg release.
-Install and Reboot
-Apply Method 2 .
-Reboot.
-Try if its ok.
-if it is not you must search the forum for the solution.

Tried methods 1 and 2 but still no luck. Already tried 3 from another forum post but still no access to App Store.

Attached pics to demonstrate methods. Anything wrong in them?

Attachments

• App STORE Error 1.png
    App STORE Error 1.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 332
  • App STORE Error 2.png
    App STORE Error 2.png
    149.1 KB · Views: 362
jester969 said:
Tried methods 1 and 2 but still no luck. Already tried 3 from another forum post but still no access to App Store.

-You have two EthernetBuiltIn strings in boot.plist. Remove one of them.
-Make sure you installed latest Lnx2mac network driver.
-Change PciRootUID to PciRoot.
-Remove Netwotk Efi string.
-Repeat Method 2.

if no change add network efi string only again.
repeat method 2 again.

Mak 1 said:
jester969 said:

-You have two EthernetBuiltIn strings in boot.plist. Remove one of them.
-Make sure you installed latest Lnx2mac network driver.
-Change PciRootUID to PciRoot.
-Remove Netwotk Efi string.
-Repeat Method 2.

if no change add network efi string only again.
repeat method 2 again.

Tried what you said above but still no access to app store. I have the latest Lnx2Mac driver and everything. I double checked but I can't tell what is the current version on his page. Could it be a problem with the Ethernet naming en0 and en1? I have read threads that this possibly causes issues.

Attachments

• App STORE Error 3.png
    App STORE Error 3.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 323
  • App STORE Error 4.png
    App STORE Error 4.png
    102 KB · Views: 346
jester969 said:
Tried what you said above but still no access to app store. I have the latest Lnx2Mac driver and everything. I double checked but I can't tell what is the current version on his page. Could it be a problem with the Ethernet naming en0 and en1? I have read threads that this possibly causes issues.

It seems Lnx2mac Network Driver is not loaded in this picture. And I have the same en0 thing in the system report, it is normal. If it is Ethernet(en0) when you add new network connection in network settings that's causes the issue.
-Check Extra/Extensions or System/Library/Extensions and make sure you see this: RealtekRTL81xx.kext (Lnx2mac Driver).

Mak 1 said:
Solution
Always make a backup of your files before proceed.
Install Latest Lnx2Mac Network Drivers for RTL81xx Chipsets to get better results.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method - 1
Add these arguments to your org.chameleon.boot.plist (com.apple.boot.plist) in Root/Extra folder.
*arguments must be written between <dict> </dict>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

-Then reboot.

No success? Follow the second Method

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method - 2
1-Delete the configuration in network preferences. (hit the minus (-) to delete) then Apply.
2-Inside YourRootPartition>Library>Preferences>System Configuration.
Delete:
-com.apple.network.identification.plist
-NetworkInterfaces.plist
3-Reboot
4-Go to network preferences and create new network service. (hit the plus (+) to create) then Apply.

No success at all? Follow the third Method.

*IMPORTANT! Read this before Method - 3
EFI Strings in boot.plist causes GPU issues after 10.7.2 Update on some Configurations.
For Problematic Configurations do the following.
-Remove any EFI Strings in boot.plist
-For GPU acceleration (NVIDIA), use necessary kexts. (eg. NVEnabler.kext)
-For network, use latest Lnx2Mac drivers and method 1 & 2.

Method - 3
1-Download EFIStudio 1.1 (http://www.kexts.com, or Google search)
2-Start EFIStudio and Select Device>Ethernet
3-Hit Add Device
4-On the new window you will see a lot of numbers (Hex String) in the second row.
*BE CAREFULL! IF YOU ALREADY HAVE GRAPHICS or OTHER HEX STRINGS IN YOUR ORG.CHAMELEON.BOOT.PLIST(in root/extra folder) DON'T REPLACE IT, YOU HAVE TO MAKE COMBINED HEX STRING BEFORE REPRACEMENT.
*EFI STRINGS ARE ONLY FOR NVIDIA GPUS

***COMBINED STRING CAN BE OBTAINED BY ADDING 2 OR MORE DEVICES TO THE LIST IN EFISTUDIO, YOU WILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU ADD MORE DEVICES ON THE LIST, THE HEX STRING IN THE WINDOW WILL CHANGE. CHOOSE DEVICES TO ADD ACCORDING TO YOUR HARDWARE. THEN YOU WILL GET THE COMBINED HEX STRING.
--------------------------------------
5-Now you can add the Hex Strings to your org.chameleon.boot.plist(com.apple.boot.plist) which should be in root/extra folder. When you add it manually make sure it is in
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>Your Hex String here</string>
arguments.
---------------------------------------
6-Reboot
7-Repeat Method - 2

After last reboot it should be working.
Good Luck.

I wanted to post my attempts to get this to work. So I had tried method 1 before but my video card is listed in PCI 0 if you look at bdmesg, so I knew that would not work. I had tried method 2 before with no success. I attempted method 3, creating an EFI string for my network adapters last night and I hand-edited the string in EFI studio. That did not fix the problem either. I thought there might be something wrong since I have two LAN on my motherboard.

So to isolate the problem, I disabled the 2nd LAN in the BIOS and followed the procedure again. Only this time I did not mess with the hex string that EFI studio gave me. Putting this string into my boot.plist did the trick. I am finally able to log into the App Store again. Now to go upgrade to Lion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back