Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Running Mojave, says it's 10.14.4 but I don't recall successfully installing any updates. Has been like a rock for at least 6 months, now I notice I can't go into App Store without totally locking up the system. At this point even the reset button fails to work so it's power down time to reboot. This is 100% consistent, every time. Haven't found another app that does this. I've tried creating a new user, remove and reseat memories, time machined back to a week ago. Anyone else see this? Board is Z87X-OC, I7-4790 @ 4.5ghz, 32gb memory.

Running Mojave, says it's 10.14.4 but I don't recall successfully installing any updates. Has been like a rock for at least 6 months, now I notice I can't go into App Store without totally locking up the system. At this point even the reset button fails to work so it's power down time to reboot. This is 100% consistent, every time. Haven't found another app that does this. I've tried creating a new user, remove and reseat memories, time machined back to a week ago. Anyone else see this? Board is Z87X-OC, I7-4790 @ 4.5ghz, 32gb memory.

Update: Booting to safe mode does allow app store to run without lockup. I also restored back to around two months ago, no change. I'm not sure now how to examine the differences in safe mode to find the culprit. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back