Contribute
Register

App Store Error Code "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I downloaded it and unzipped it the only thing I got was a contents folder.

Is your ethernet connection set at "en0" ?

I fixed this issue in a thread I started a few days ago:

"For those of you who can't login to Appstore, make sure your Ethernet built'in is set à en0 (you can see that in System Information, ioreg and Network utility). If not, then go to Network in System Preferences and delete all your devices, apply, then deleteLibrary/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot, go to Network in System Preferences again and add your Ethernet connection FIRST. You're good to go!"

Thanks so much for this. Saved me tons of time!

I had this problem and i solved it by doing it another way.
My problem was that i have a USB wifi dongle that messed things up.
I unplugged the dongle and started the Terminal.
Go to folder /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
Rename the preferences.plist and the NetworkInterfaces.plist to something like "_backup". (You can delete if you want but i didn't have the guts)
Remove your network interfaces in the system configuration window.
Restart you computer while having your USB wifi adapter unplugged.
Now let everything boot up and then plugin the adapter. All interfaces will be installed again in right order.
Worked nice but i got the AMD-Action:authenticate:SP error in App Store instead.
This was solved by starting iTunes and login then login in App Store.

Hope this helps anyone out there. :)

Problem is caused by Ethernet not set to en0.

I have done everything I've found on the internet to fix this and nothing has worked.

I have a WiFi connection. My device is seen as a native Airport device and is named "en0". And it is also listed as built in in the NetworkPrefrences.plist (I did the remove plist and re-setup network interfaces in System Preferences). It was en0 before then as well.

I am using the latest Clover: r3650 from the clover SourceForge page. I've tried the FixAirport and FixLAN flags in Clover. I've tried a kext called NullEthernetInjector.kext by RehabMan and nothing. I still get the error listed in the OP.

I've tried the iTunes log in first as well, and that didn't work...

During the install of El Capitan I was successfully able to setup my AppleID (iCloud and iTunes are different but logged into both successfully). Not sure why this is now saying can't verify...and not then? Any help would be appreciated.

Here is some info on my WiFi device from System Information: Not sure why Locale is Unknown and Country Code is blank... My MapBookPro's WiFi info has FCC as Locale and US as the Country Code. Not sure if that could be a problem...?

I'll provide more info if needed... I know there's a lot of stuff that could be looked at, just not sure what exactly... Thanks.

Interfaces:

Wi-Fi:

Type: AirPort

Hardware: AirPort

BSD Device Name: en0

ConfirmedInterfaceName: en0

Interface Name: en0

en0:

Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x3112)

Firmware Version: Atheros 9380: 4.0.74.0-P2P

MAC Address: a0:f3:c1:1b:0f:0f

Locale: Unknown

Country Code:

Supported PHY Modes: 802.11 a/b/g/n

Supported Channels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64

Wake On Wireless: Supported

AirDrop: Supported

I have done everything I've found on the internet to fix this and nothing has worked.

I have a WiFi connection. My device is seen as a native Airport device and is named "en0". And it is also listed as built in in the NetworkPrefrences.plist (I did the remove plist and re-setup network interfaces in System Preferences). It was en0 before then as well.

I am using the latest Clover: r3650 from the clover SourceForge page. I've tried the FixAirport and FixLAN flags in Clover. I've tried a kext called NullEthernetInjector.kext by RehabMan and nothing. I still get the error listed in the OP.

During the install of El Capitan I was successfully able to setup my AppleID (iCloud and iTunes are different but logged into both successfully). Not sure why this is now saying can't verify...and not then? Any help would be appreciated.

Here is some info on my WiFi device from System Information: Not sure why Locale is Unknown and Country Code is blank... My MapBookPro's WiFi info has FCC as Locale and US as the Country Code. Not sure if that could be a problem...?

I'll provide more info if needed... I know there's a lot of stuff that could be looked at, just not sure what exactly... Thanks.

Interfaces:

Wi-Fi:

en0:

Country Code:

Supported Channels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64

You must have a working Ethernet connection set as BuiltIn and en0.
WiFi as en0 will not work.
Ethernet as en0 and WiFi as en1 will work.

Interfaces:

Wi-Fi:

en0:

Country Code:

You're board uses Realtek. So install to L/E in 10.11+. http://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/realtekrtl8111.302/

You must have a working Ethernet connection set as BuiltIn and en0.
WiFi as en0 will not work.
Ethernet as en0 and WiFi as en1 will work.

Thanks for the reply. Hmmm...My MacBookPro doesn't have an Ethernet port as en0. It has the WiFi as en0 and it works just fine. So should I change my hack to MacBookPro identifier? My hack is identified as MacPro6,1 and MacPro's come with WiFi, so I'm surprised it wouldn't work... I don't have a cable long enough to get to my system (hence the use of WiFi). I'll try to mess with it and see how I can get this switched around.

Thanks for the reply. Hmmm...My MacBookPro doesn't have an Ethernet port as en0. It has the WiFi as en0 and it works just fine. So should I change my hack to MacBookPro identifier? My hack is identified as MacPro6,1 and MacPro's come with WiFi, so I'm surprised it wouldn't work... I don't have a cable long enough to get to my system (hence the use of WiFi). I'll try to mess with it and see how I can get this switched around.

You don't have to use the Ethernet port, it just has to be enabled, set as BuiltIn and en0.
If those conditions are met you can use the WiFi to connect to the App Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back